52. Let There Be Cake

Comenzar desde el principio

"I want chocolate," Ophelia said as Dave sat her down in the chair.

"You're gonna get some of all of them. Be patient," I replied with a small giigle.

We spent the next hour eating every last piece of cake in that box. Dave and I had decided on Chocolate cake with white icing. Kurt and Meredith didn't eat the cake we had given them. They just kind of mashed it up and smeared it all over her face.

"So Frances told me you picked a dress out for the brides maids," Abby said as she ate the last piece of the cake in front fo her as Dave started cleaning up.

"Ya. Just go in whenever for your fitting. Karli, Shelby and Carrie are coming a month before the wedding so they can get theirs done. I can't wait to see the dress Shelby designed for me," I said.

"You're gonna have two wedding dresses?" Dave asked as he sat back down.

"Ya. Shelby is designing one for me. I paid for the fabric but that's it. She offered," I replied.

"Ok but did the girls get dresses today?" He asked.

"Yes. I took pictures," I said as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened up my gallery. I showed Dave the pictures of his girls in their dresses.

"That's way too short," Dave said when he saw Violet's dress.

"Gloria will length it. Jordyn and I both told her to do that," I said.

"Thank god," he said as he let a sigh of relief. I kissed his cheek as he put his hand on my knee. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Mama dada," I heard Meredith say.

"Britt don't fall asleep like that," Abby said as I heard a chair slide across the floor. I opened my eyes and saw she was standing.

"Mama b needs a nap," Ophelia said.

"Well I'm off to go bang my drummer. Bye guys," Abby said as she picked up her purse. We waved good bye and stayed sitting where we were.

"Daddy I want to color," Ophelia said. Dave got up and grabbed the crayons and a coloring book for her while I cleaned off the twins.

"I still gotta make chicken nuggets and fries. Why can't I keep focused today," I said outloud as I opened the fridge.

"Don't stress baby. Everything is going to be fine," Dave said as he walked over to me as I grabbed the chicken nuggets and fries out of the freezer. I tried walking past him but he stopped me. He took the box and bag from ym hands and put them on the counter beside him and pulled me in for a hug. I squeezed him tightly as he kissed my forehead. I pulled away a bit and smiled at him.

"I needed that," I finally said.

"You ever feel like it's too much, tell me and I'll do what I can to help. Got it?" he said as he let go of me.

"Sir yes sir," I replied with a smile.

I made dinner while Ophelia colored and Dave started looking up different things for our twins first birthday. He took over planning that because I was stressed about the wedding. After dinner, I fed the twins while Dave got Ophelia ready for bed. Once Ophelia was ready for bed, we bathed the twins and put them to bed. While Dave did the dishes I went and changed into pjs. Ophelia and I picked out a movie while Dave got into his pjs. We settled on watching The Fox And The Hound. We all cuddled together and watched the movie. Ophelia fell asleep during the movie and we took her up to bed when we went up. I fell asleep thinking about how far my life had come over the past two years and how I couldn't wait for whatever else was to come.

All dresses appear as they where written so Ophelia's, Violet's then Harper's