1: Blaze

Eighty-three years. I waited eighty-three years to come out of hiding. I finished high school along with the rest of my family. Then we hid. Since all of our Old Souls were dead, we had nothing to do but wait. At least they would come back in the same life time so we didn't have to come out of hiding at different times. That's the worst.

We had hidden in the woods as wolves for ages. It felt nice to change human sometimes just for a change I guess. We were hiding in woods that were only a days journey away from where Ember lived. Although I'm sure that's not her name, she will always be Ember to me. God I hope she hasn't changed much. She looks nearly the same. I think her eyes are different though. Possibly her hair. Yes I have seen her before. I liked to sit just on the inside of the woods around her house and watch her as creepy as it sounds.

She was a toddler the first and only time she saw me. I was in wolf form watching her and her family play in the yard. Her parents ran inside to get her bug spray and I came out of the woods. She looked up at me with her huge, beautiful eyes. Instead of screaming and crying like a normal child would have, she laughed a beautiful, musical laugh and clapped her hands together. I knew right then that the first word she ever said was "puppy."

After that, my siblings forced me to stay away. I sulked afterwards and had nothing to do but wait for her to turn seventeen in sixteen years. It was horrible. But the idea of being with her again was the only thing keeping me going. Most days I either slept or paced the woods. It upset my siblings but I was anxious to see her. I needed her. She wasn't a want, she was a need.

Despite my siblings warnings about keeping my distance, I visited her house during the years. I watched her grow up. I watched her receive her first tooth, I watched her proceed to lose that tooth. I watched her receive her driving permit, then her license. I watched her cry, laugh, sing, run. I just watched her be her. She was and is my everything. I couldn't wait for the day I see her again.