Chapter 5

Once I got into my room I saw Sherlock lying on the couch with his hands folded into a praying hand motion, or whatever it's called, resting the tip of his fingers to the bottom of his nose. His eyes were closed and it didn't seem like he even took notice of my entrance.

I walked over to my side of the room and grabbed my pjs to change into, then walked to the bathroom.

It was only 6:30, however I was quite tired. So I turned off my light, set my alarm, and went to bed. All the while, Sherlock hadn't moved the slightest.

--

The next morning I woke up to my alarm. Even though today was our free day to get used to the campus I still wanted to wake up early so I could have plenty of time to explore.

I nearly jumped ten feet when I saw what was at the end of the bed.

Sherlock was standing there watching me sleep!

"Sherlock! What the actual fuck do you think you're doing?!"

He didn't even seem fazed at all by my reaction. He just shrugged and said, "you were talking in your sleep."

I turned red.

"Wha- what did I say?"

He looked down at his feet. "Nothing..."

"No. I said something. What did I say? Sherlock, please tell me."

He sighed.

"You yelled 'STOP' a good ten times. Then yelled, 'STOP DAD IM SORRY' you also yelled more things but they were mumbled..."

"Oh." I said, looking down, probably as red as a tomato.

"Yep." He said popping the "p"

There was an awkward silence.

During this silence we had locked eye contact. Neither of of blinking. Neither of us daring to break the deadly stare that was going on between us.

Finally he started talking.

"I'm sorry, John."

"What?"

"I'm sorry you have to go through that."

"Oh um.. yeah.." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"Normally I don't care for other people's problems but I want to tell you something."

"Okay." I said awkwardly. I don't even know this guy and he's trying to talk to me about something quite personal? Like aren't you supposed to be this scary sociopath that never smiles or talks to anyone?

"I can.. how should I say this... um.. relate to you." He decided, looking up at me right after to see my reaction.

"You can relate to me?" I asked confused.

"Yes."

"So you're saying-"

"Yeah. My dad hits me a lot. He's an extreme alcoholic with major anger issues. He hates me more than anyone or anything because I'm gay, and not the son he wanted to have." Sherlock said and turned bright red.

"Oh." I said. It felt so awkward. How am I supposed to answer to that?

He just stood there looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry you have to go through that Sherlock. Honestly I am. If you ever want to talk about-"

"No." He almost yelled. "I don't... I mean, I never.."

"Never what?"

"Well.. talk to anyone about... stuff.."

"Oh. Okay then.. sorry?" I said, turning it into a question at the end because I wasn't sure if I should say that or not.

After a small silence I climbed out of bed.

It was at that moment that I realized that through the night I had shed my pajama bottoms and was only in my boxers.

Sherlock's eyes were wide and staring at my body.

I turned so fucking red.

"Whoops, sorry." I said trying to sound chill but my voice cracked a bit and sounded utterly uncomfortable.

"It's... it's.. o-okay..." Sherlock said stuttering a bit while still starring wide eyed at my body making me very self conscious.

I grabbed some clothes and headed into the bathroom.

What a great first morning. I love how non awkward it was! I said sarcastically to myself.