Chapter 2

I walked up the stairs to floor B room 221 and stood in front of my door.

I wonder what exciting events await me past this door.. I sarcastically said to myself.

Just then I heard a loud boom coming from inside my room.

I ran in there, heart beating out of my chest and looked around. There was smoke everywhere! What the fuck just happened in here?

Soon the smoke starts settling down and I could see my room, and the person who caused my room to look like this.

"Hello John." My roommate, Sherlock said.

"Uh yeah hi.. um would you mind kindly explaining to me what the actual fuck just happened?!"

"Oh that. Nothing much. Just an experiment."

"An experiment?"

"Yes, that is what I said John."

"Are you really that stupid?!" I yelled and put my bags down by my bed.

"Can I see your phone? I need to text someone and I left mine in someone else's room." He said ignoring my last comment.

I gave him my phone and walked back over to my side of the room.

I was still very angry and asked the question again.

"Are you really that stupid?!" I yelled again.

"The exact opposite really."

"Yeah? because a really smart person would risk burning down the entire campus for an experiment right." I said sarcastically.

He sighed and finally turned to look at me.

"I know you are taking extra classes here so you can become a doctor. In fact, you want to become a military doctor. You are into sports, particularly soccer, but it doesn't excite you as much as studying to become a doctor. However you keep it up because your father wants you to. Not only does he want you to, he is forcing you to. You don't have a good relationship with your brother Harry, but you do care about him. You're life at home isn't very good. -"

"Don't." I threatened.

"In fact, both your mother and father beat you. You finally had had enough money, after saving for years, and bought your own scholarship here at a private school, far away from your parents. However, your brother is still at home and you feel sorry for him even though you and him don't get along very well. Maybe it's because you liked his girlfriend, maybe his girlfriend liked you, but either way Harry and his girlfriend are broken up and don't like you."

There was a couple seconds of silence.

"How in gods name do you know all that."

He smiled and began again.

"Well I know you're studying to become a doctor because of the yellow highlights on your schedule you're holding. You need to remember to take the extra classes and you need to remember where to go, for I do the same thing. I take multiple biology and chemistry classes. I can tell you want to be a military doctor because of your haircut, it's cut as if you're going into the service tomorrow." He grinned and rolled his eyes.

"Also, your luggage has the army print uniform over it. I mean, it could have been your father's, but if it was your father's he would have been fairly wealthy. At least wealthy enough to dress his child in clothes that aren't from charity shops. Then there's your walk. It literally screams military. You walk with perfect posture and keep your chin up. Like you're marching with the rest of the officers and soldiers."

He stopped to take a breath and sighed again.

"I know you're into sports because of the shoes you're wearing. They are quite expensive. They are the only thing you're wearing that you didn't buy yourself. Your father bought them for you. He really wants you to become a famous athlete. However you are wearing them right now. A time where you aren't doing sports. Shoes like these are very expensive and aren't usually worn outside of a field of court. But you don't care if they get dirty because you don't care for sports. Like I said, you came here to be a doctor, not an athlete. But your father doesn't know that, because you came here with sport equipment. Not just any sport equipment, professional equipment. Your father is living vicariously through you and you hate it. But you don't stop it. Why? Because your father hates you and you hate him. He beats you. You know that if you stop doing what he wants he will hurt you. Both your parents will. How do I know they beat you? God. It doesn't take a genius to see your bruises and male and female sized handprint marks all over you body. Your brother Harry feels just as you feel, for he is pushing him like he is pushing you. Honestly he's a horrible parent."

He paused and started again.

"Then there's your brother." He said walking over to me, holding out my phone for me to take it back."

"Your brother had a girlfriend. Clara. I can assume you know how I got that."

"My phone."

"Yes, see. To: Harry Watson, Love: Clara" He said pointing to the markings on my phone.

"It's a hand me down obviously. From a brother due to the last name. I mean it could be a cousin, but you don't seem to be a person with extended family, or they would've driven you here instead of making you take a bus. Okay, okay I know, I know. I'm not a stalker I swear. It's just the busses pull out in front of our room and I just happened to look outside when they dropped you off. Anyway, this phone is about 6 months old. If he broke up with her he wouldn't have kept it. But she broke up with him. He gave it to you because he doesn't want the reminder of her on his phone. I know you and your brother don't get along very well. Your brother is obviously older than you, he must have his own flat. He could just take you in and have you go to a school near him. But he didn't. Which says he doesn't get along with you very well."

There was another silence.

"That. Was. Amazing." I said.

He turned and looked me in the eyes. He looked shocked, and honestly more amazed that I complimented him than I was that he just told me my whole life story.

"You think so?"

"Yes. That was extraordinary. Quite extraordinary. Brilliant. You're brilliant."

He smiled.

"That's not what people normally say."

"What do they normally say?"

"Piss off."

And with that, we started laughing.