Chapter LIII

Hewoww there! I think this is the new chapter? Yea, it is :D I've been writing it part from part for a few days, just because I had to put some stuff together... It's complicated. And I think the whole thing will be a huge surprise for you guys :) Maybe?

  Comment what you think through this chapter, I really, really want to hear your thoughts, predictions, and maybe even suggestions. Don't forget to leave it a vote! Enjoy my lovlies!

***

Amelia's POV

I stared at the sight before me. My father. The one that was responsible for all of this was now telling me that he would do anything I'd say. How was it possible that I was such a fool the whole time? He played me like a doll, and I went along, without even knowing what I was getting everybody into this sick game of his. And the worst part was, he was the only one that knew how to play. My stomach shifted uneasily as I realized that there was nothing I could do about it.

I watched as he untied Dimitri's hands, but the energy from his body was sucked out, and there was nothing he could do except for continue sitting on the chair, unconscious. My hands were released, but I couldn't figure out what to do with them. They kept itching, like I was in constant need of touch, or reassurance. But what they needed was to be able to touch Dimitri again, to have his hand in mine, and fight with this together. He never did anything to deserve this from my father.

As soon as he released him, like an instinct, my body moved on its own, rushing towards the chair. But of course, there was my father, stopping me before I could reach him. My blood seemed to be boiling up at that point. There was a part of me that was ready to push him away, but the other part knew that there would be no use from that.

"What do you want?" My voice came out raspy, quiet, but I knew that he could sense the anger in it. I knew that he could read me well enough to know that I shouldn't be pushed off the edge at times like that.

I could see the intense darkness in his eyes. They always seemed to hold it, but now instead of hiding it, it was more released than ever. "Let the brother handle it." He stopped for a second, looking over my shoulder before focusing on me again. "Family for family." I heard a gush of wind, making me take a step back before a tall figure stopped in from of me. Well, Christian, as always, had to be in the middle of every situation.

"Like you know anything about family." I felt my chest tightening at Christian words. I could tell he was trying to push my father over that edge, to make him lose that patience, but he held himself together pretty well. "Stay away from her."

Without a single word, he took a step away, leaving enough space for Christian to get Dimitri. The pressure in my head was starting to physically hurt as I tried my best not to let my father out of my sight. He was unpredictable. "She's my daughter, Boursier. I would never hurt her." He said his last name with such bitterness, that I couldn't help but remember how much he hated the royals.

I opened my mouth to say something, feeling how the words were at the tip of my tongue, but Christian interrupted. "From what I remember, you ordered to kill her. Twice."

I could see how my father's lips parted, and there was something unreadable about him. Different than usual. "I didn't... I didn't know-," He stopped, looking on the side, and taking another step away. "Just take your brother." As he mouthed out those few words, Christian gave me a quick look. But there was no other choice than for him to take Dimitri. My father wasn't letting me get near him.

I gave him a slight nod, before he carefully walked closer to the chair, taking Dimitri's arm and wrapping it around his shoulder. As he lifted him up on his feet, I could tell that Dimitri was still half conscious, but his whole body was almost lifeless, only proving that whatever drugs and herbs my father used on him were working perfectly well. I felt myself tightening my grip around the bow, knots forming in my stomach from the view before me. It was all his fault. My father's.