Chapter XII

Warning: Careful virgin minds. This Chapter might be a little steamy. Please, don't let this corrupt you. You can skip Dimitri's POV ;)

My heart skipped a beat at Dimitri's words. How was that possible? I never met any werewolves before. I was completely sure in that, and now he's trying to tell me that a werewolf broke into the castle to get me out of here? I shook my head slowly, being completely positive that I never met a werewolf before, not to start on how I never had a friend werewolf who was trying to save me. "No," I sighed, looked down and then back up at Dimitri. "No, I don't know any werewolves. I'm sure." I said, knowing what Dimitri was trying to say. He was just checking up on me again, cause let's face it. I already lied to him a lot since I got here.

Dimitri formed a thin line with his lips, thinking. "You know, I was thinking," He looked unsure if he should finish up what he started saying. "Maybe, and I'm not saying that it's true, but what if," I got completely concentrated on him, trying to figure out what was so hard to say. "What if you met a werewolf before, you just don't remember it." His voice was quiet, but as always confident, which was confusing me a lot of times, cause he was able to change your mind with only one sentence. I frowned, hearing his words, but it took a while till my brain registered them.

My eyes slightly widen when I realized what he was saying, but he had patience and waited for me to take it all in. All I kept thinking was, No, it's not possible, but what if he was right? Since I got involved in the 'slave program' I've served exactly eight Masters, but I've also met a lot of other Vampires, such as servants and stuff. What if I really met a werewolf, but one of my Masters erased my memory with compelling me. I felt Dimitri's hand on my thigh and I slightly jumped, snapping out of my thoughts.

"Look, I didn't mean to upset you, but you can't deny the fact that it is a possibility." He explained softly, and I was listening to him, but I was too concentrated on going trough every single moment with my previous Masters and trying to think if something like that ever happened.

I was perfectly aware that I would help Dimitri a lot if I could just remember about this werewolf guy that claimed more than once that he knew me. That he was here for me. Even though I was now Amelia Grace, I knew that they were here for the real me. Hunter's daughter. I felt a rush of guilt that I couldn't remember anything. That I couldn't even remember if I was compelled or not, but Vampire's power was making us humans helpless. It was way to big for us to handle, so it always worked. Suddenly, I felt Dimitri's hand on my cheek, hoping that I would look up at him, but I couldn't. Not just because of him, but because of myself too. How can I be so weak on this compulsion power? I thought I was better than that.

"Hey," I heard him whisper as his thumb gently caressed my cheek. I looked up at him, once again meeting his beautiful eyes that for some reason held softness, sympathy, understanding that no one could deny.

I shook my head, trying to escape eye contact with him. It was distracting me. "I can't remember." I said quietly, not even sure if he heard me, but his hand never left my face. His eyes either.

"Amelia," He whispered, almost like warning me to look at him. And I did. I was too weak at him. I was weak just by hearing him calling my name. "It's okay, baby," He said it so sweetly that my heart seriously felt like it was melting. The pit of my stomach tingled when I heard him call me 'baby', which never happened before. "I'm not asking you to remember, I just-," He started explaining himself, but stopped.

I heard him take in a deep breath, as his hand moved down my arm, gently grasping my hand and slightly squeezing it. "I'm sure that this guy's sent by someone. He's not working on his own. Werewolves... they live in packs." He didn't just seem like he was struggling with his words, but his feelings too.