Chapter VIII

I didn't know what to say to him. I've never met any werewolves before. I think. But everything was just so confusing. It took me a few minutes to think trough everything. "Amelia, say something." Dimitri said, making me look up at him. But I couldn't find my voice. Why would a werewolf be looking for me?

  I looked down at my hands. "I,-" I tried, but choked on my words. I don't know how I really felt. Was I scared, afraid if he'll believe me or not, or just confused? "I've never met a werewolf." I said slowly, knowing that he might be listening to my heartbeat, but I wasn't lying. "Maybe he was looking for someone else that has the same name as me." I mumbled, looking up at him, but Dimitri was staring at me so intently, listening to me carefully that made me blush and look down again.

  He puffed. "Maybe," He said and then silence took over for a minute. I felt him putting away a stand of hair away from my face, almost making me close my eyes. His touch was so gentle, soft that it felt just unreal. His hand moved to my chin, making me meet his eyes again. "I'm sorry if I upset you. It's just the whole situation was odd." He said quietly, and caressed my cheek. That was it. I closed my eyes under his touch and opening them I tried offering a smile, but I think I failed miserably.

  I saw him leaning in, but I was too distracted to think anything. My mind was telling me to move away, to have nothing with this gorgeous Vampire Prince, but my heart was telling me to stay. I remembered how good it felt when he kissed me the night before. And right now, I couldn't resist him. He brushed his lips against mine before he crossed the small space of air between us and kissed me. And once again, I gave in. His lips were soft, smooth and warm, taking over mine. I felt the kiss all the way to my toes.

  When he pulled away, his beautiful emerald eyes were glinting from the brightness of the moonlight that was shining from outside the windows. And I felt it all over again. I felt the butterflies in my stomach, the way my heart fluttered just by his touch, the way he looked at me like no one else had ever did. I bit my lip, doing my best not to tell him everything. I couldn't. "God," He said with a husky voice, caressing my cheek with his thumb. He slowly leaned back on the headboard of the bed, shutting his eyes, like he was in pain. My heart was still trembling from the kiss, but I didn't know what had gotten into him.

   "Dimitri," I whispered softly, putting my hand on his face. I had no idea why I did it or where I got the courage from, but it's like I wasn't even aware of my own actions. He opened his eyes when he felt my hand and I offered him a weak smile.

  Dimitri covered my hand with his, and then brought it back down, intertwining our fingers together. Electricity went trough my whole body, almost making me pull away but after a second, I relaxed under his warm hand. But he just looked down at our hands, and I'm pretty sure he didn't felt that electricity. It was weird, but whenever our hands touched, I felt it. "Who are you?" His words surprised me, instantly making me feel a knot form in my throat. "What are you doing to me? Cause I can't seem to get you out of my head for even a second." He said quietly, but there was edge in his voice, anger. Like he couldn't hold it in anymore.

  His hand never left mine, which surprised me, cause I was seriously starting to panic. What if he asks me about my early life? I can't lie to him. He'll know. I looked up at him, meeting his eyes, but there was warmth, gentleness in them that I never saw in any vampire before. I opened my mouth to say something, but I had no idea what I was supposed to tell him after what he just said. I bit my lip instead, trying to think about what to say. But he just chuckled at me, and tighten his grip. "There is something about you. Something special. I know it." His voice was firm and I felt him slowly pulling into his arms. I usually relax, but his words just made me worried. Oh, if he just knew. But there was something about him too. Something different than others.