Chapter 5

The next day at school was different. Instead of sitting alone with Bella, we say at the table that help her old friends, Jessica being one of them.

The girl with the dark brown, almost black, hair, Angela, I think, was talking about seeing these huge animals in the woods. They put it off as bears, but I knew it was the Quileutes.

Bella walked up to them with me in tow and say next to the blonde haired male and they fell silent.

"You know, you're not the only one," Bella said, "my dad's been getting reports at the station. Like, five hikers have been killed by some bear, but they can't find the bear."

They all looked down in shock and Angela looked to the guy next to her with a face saying, 'believe me now?'

He laughed and nervously said, "last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend."

I ate my food and the blonde talked to Bella, eventually asking if she wanted to go see a movie, which was a romance. Bella immediately scrunched up her face and suggested 'Face Punch' instead. She also invited the rest of us. I agreed, no way in hell am I letting Bella be alone with this guy, I don't trust him.

*~*

"Jessica bailed, and Angela got the stomach flu," Bella's started, walking up to Mike, Jacob and I later that night, "so Eric's taking care of her. It's just us four."

"Great!" Jacob cheered and I laughed at his cuteness. He reminded me a little of Percy then.

Bella clicked her tongue and we walked into the theatre room. The movie wasn't that good, but there was a lot of action in it. At one point during the film, a scene where there was a lot of shooting and blood, Mike walked out, saying he's going to throw up. The rest of us followed him out of the theatre and we waited for him outside of the men's bathroom. I could tell Jacob wanted to talk to Bella in private so I walked into the bathroom, not caring it's the men's one, to check up on how Mike was doing.

"Hey, you okay there?" I asked, patting his back.

"Italy? What are you doing here? This is the men's bathrooms," Mike replied.

I just shrugged, "I wanted to check how you were feeling, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

We fell into silence and stood up straight.

"Come on, we should go meet Bella and Jacob outside," I said, pulling Mike with me out of the bathrooms and to my two friends who were sitting down looking very cozy.

"Well!" Mike said, rather loudly, "I need to go home."

Jacob was glaring at Mike and I could tell he interrupted something between him and Bella.

"I was feeling sick before the movie. Okay?" Mike stated.

Jacob scoffed.

"What is your problem?" Mike asked.

"Right now? You're my problem," Jacob stated, standing up in a threatening mannor, "feeling sick? Maybe you should go to the hospital, you want me to put you in the hospital?"

"Jake! Jake, Jake. The movie's over. What are you doing?" Bella cut in. "You're really hot. Like, you feel like you have a fever. Are you okay?"

My eyes widened and I knew I had to get Jacob back to the reserve before he shifts for the first time. This would explain why he's so snappy with Mike right now.

"I don't know what's happening," Jacob said, walking out of the theatre. "I got to go."

"I'll make sure he arrives home," I told Bella before following the agitated wolf.

"Jacob!" I called, running after the boy. "Wait up!"

"Leave me alone, Italy," he warned.

"No, Jacob, I'm coming with you. I know what's happening to you, think back to the Quileute legends. That will explain it all, that's why the others follow Sam around all the time. He was the first out of your generation to shift and he's helping them," I explained.

Jacob just looking at me in shock, trying to wrap his head around what I just told him.

"Come on, let's get you home," I said, walking towards the bike I saw he used to get here.

I jumped onto the bike and gestured for Jacob to sit behind me, he's in no condition to drive this thing right now.

I sped towards Jake's house, hoping I'd be able to get there in time. It actually helped that I confused him, it prolonged his shift.

We got to the house and I jumped off the bike and ran to the front door, slamming my knuckles against the door as fast as I could.

"Billy!" I shouted, "Jacob's about to shift!"

Billy rolled out as fast as he could with a phone in hand.

"Call Sam! I'll try to talk Jacob through it as much as I can before he Sam gets here!" Billy rushed out.

I searched through the contacts for Sam's name and called him.

"Billy? What is it?" I heard his voice on the other end of the line.

"It's not Billy," I said, "there's no time to explain, just hurry over here. Jacob's about to shift."

"I'll be right over," he said before I hung up.

"Sam said he'll be right over," I told Billy.

I tried to help in calming Jacob before Sam arrived but the pounding of four feet -or in other words, paws- on the ground alerted me of said man's presence.

I turned around so he could shift and put on pants without me seeing something that will scar me. Sam picked up Jacob and took him into the woods.

"I'll expect an explanation later," Sam said before he walked off.

I nodded and sighed. Now, I have to go to Bella and tell her that Jacob is fine but really sick. I'll get Billy to talk to her and say he has mono or something like that.