Chapter 12: Don't go...

Y O U R P O V.

I was back at the Hitachiin mansion. I hadn't talked to either of the twins, or anyone, since the incident. Kaoru kissed me... It was to save me, but his lips still touched mine. It was my first kiss...

"(Y/n), could you come out of your room? Please?" They had begged after some time. I had remained silent. At around 10, they knocked on my door yet again. Well, I thought it was both of them. "(Y/n), I'm going to leave your dinner here, outside your door, alright? And... I'm sorry if it was anything that I did that got you mad," I heard Kaoru outside my door, He sounded so... Sad? More than sad. He sounded broken, defeated.

I opened the door just as he was turning to leave. "I-... It wasn't you. I'm not mad," I looked down at my feet, trying to let my (h/c) hair hide the red of my face. He smiled, "That's good, I'm glad," he began. Then, silence fell. "I think I should go home," I said quietly. "Wh-what? Why?" Kaoru asked, eyes wide.

"You said I could stay here, but I can't really stay here forever. I'll... See you at school," I turned and went back into my room, closing the door and leaning on the cool wood. "Don't go..." I heard Kaoru whisper, almost to himself, on the other side of the door. I could hear his voice catch, as if he was about to cry. I slid down the door until I was sitting down on the floor, then hugged my knees close to my chest.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered back. He didn't hear me. I could tell. I didn't say it loud enough for him to hear.

---

"I'm home," I whisper as I open the door to my house. My little sister greets me with a smile. "You where gone a long time, sissy! I missed you!"

I gave a smile, "I know, I'm sorry,"I ruffle her black hair, and she giggles, looking up at me with the same (e/c) eyes that I have.

"If you had gotten here sooner, I might still be here," she mumbled, Then gave me another smile, but I could see the sadness in her eyes...

---

I sat up in bed, tears streaming down my face. "Nao," I mumble, sitting up. I shake my head, trying to clear it, then look around. I was still in the Hitachiin mansion, I was going home after school. I put on my uniform after taking a cold shower, then brush my hair and teeth. I stared at my reflection. My hair was uneven from when they had to cut it to save me from drowning. When Kaoru had kissed me...

I grabbed a pair of scissors, then began cutting at my hair, evening it out. After I was satisfied, I cleaned up, grabbed my school bag and the duffle bag I had brought with me, and made it down stairs. It looked like the twins where already gone, probibly for the host club. I grabbed some toast, putting some butter on it and making my way outside.

---

I made it to school, then went straight to class. I couldn't go to the host club, not today. Not until I get over what happened at the beach. Class started, and a note was passed to me. I looked over to see both twins staring at me sadly. I looked at the note. "Are you sure you want to go home today?" It read. I gave a nod, not looking up at them. I didn't want to back out. I couldn't stay with the twins any more.

T H I R D P E R S O N P O V.

(Y/n) walked down the street, bags in hand. She was on her way home. No, she was on her way to her house. That house would never be home to her. She was passing an ally, when a hand reached out of the darkness and wrapped itself around her waist, another hand resting firmly over her mouth. She kicked, she tried to scream, the tried to punch, but it was no use. Her captur was a strong man, while she was simply a high school girl. (Y/n) dropped her bags, still struggling to get away, tears spilling from her eyes, when cool metal was held to her neck. A knife.

She stopped, staring down at the knife with horror filled (e/c) eyes, as the man holding her dragged her into the darkness.

The last thought that ran through her head before she closed here eyes, passing out due to shock, was: "I wish I never left..."