The Devil's son Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes.

He put his hands on my shoulders and slid them down to my hands.

"Little human, you must understand one thing." he breathed in my ear. "I like to make you suffer, to feel your pain."

"Why?" I asked, my voice shaky.

"Because it's my nature. Because I am Satan's son..." He licked one more tear that slid on my face. "But I can make you forget the pain..." His voice became deeper, sexier... "I can make you feel... you don't need your eyes for that, little human."

He buried one hand in my hair and pulled my head back, so that my neck would be exposed.

"You smell so sweet..." his breath was warm against the skin of my throat.

And then he did it again.

He bit me. His fangs sank deeply into my skin.

To anyone who could see us, it would be as though he was kissing my neck.

Pleasure shot through me as he drank... gulped...

I wrapped my arms around him, longing to see him. Tears ran down my face once again. His fingers were caressing my back softly and he began to back off from me.

"What color are you eyes?" I said before I could even think about it.

"Blue. Why, I thought you were blind." He said, amused.

"Of course that I'm blind." I groaned. "It's just that Jason made a list of colors for me. He wrote down every color he could think of and next to it, he wrote the emotions and the objects that are related to that color."

"That's ingenious, little human. Your brother seems resourceful. What is blue then?"

"It's cold, but beautiful; the sky in the daylight is blue, the Caribbean seas are blue. It's one of my favorite colors."

I raised my hands to his face and let them touch his angular features.

"I can't believe that such an evil guy can be so... stunning." I breathed to him.

"Most cruel things in the nature are beautiful." He replied.

We sat in complete silence for a while.

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you give me your blood in exchange."

"Oh come on, it can't be only that." I said, raising one eyebrow.

He said nothing and then he mumbled:

"I have to go." His voice was strange, but before I could at least ask him a question, he was gone; his dark aura vanished from my room, leaving me with a strange lonely feeling.

*****

There was another predator in the bright New-York's streets that evening. Lurkingin the dark corners, waiting for a prey who does not expect to find its death.

It was probably the most dangerous creature out there tonight.

The anger that was raging inside it was destructive.

"Kill." It thought. "Kill, massacre... that blind bitch."

It curled its cherry-red lips over its gums, revealing two sharp fangs.

But it couldn't satisfy its desire; it was its master's orders.

And it could not ignore his master's orders.

Growling in frustration, the creature searched the entrance of the night-club to find a perfect prey, a soul to devour.

At the idea of the blood slipping down the delicate human skin, its anger calmed a little.

There stood the perfect candidate to kill, a young human with a dirty smile plastered to his face.

'Let the fun begin' the creature thought as it approached its prey.

*****

As I got up the next morning, I could hardly believe that anything that happened yesterday wasn't a part on my over-productive imagination. I touched the place where the bite marks should have been. They were definitely there. I sighed and smiled. Ethan was going to be mine after all. I brushed my hair on my own, since my mother was off to work earlier today. My parents were total workaholics. They both were lawyers and worked 60 hours per week (that does not include the overtime hours and, trust me, there were a lot of them).

Jason entered my room and said:

"Everything's fine sis?"

"Yep, just fi-ine."

"I'm making breakfast, bacon and eggs. You want some?"

"Yep. Thanks."

"My pleasure."

I quickly made a ponytail with my hair, got out of my room and began to go down the stairs. Suddenly, I felt a strong pressure on my throat. I tried to breathe but no air was going in my lungs. It was as if two hands were clutched around my neck. I tried to push whoever was doing it away but all I found in front of me was air.

I began to panic as my thoughts began to fade into a blur of words and noises.

I fell down the stairs and my head hit the ground. I felt an agonizing pain near my temple. The last thing I heard was Jason's voice:

"Amelie, Amelie! Are you alright? Oh my god!"

And I fainted.

*****

I opened my eyes and I heard an unfamiliar voice say:

"She's awake. Amelie, can you hear me?"

"Yes." I said. My voice was hoarse and I was thirsty, really thirsty. My throat was actually burning. "Could I have a glass of water?"

"Of course." said the voice and soon I felt that someone was pressing a glass against my lips.

I took big, thirsty sips out of the glass.

Jason's upset voice said:

"Amelie, what happened?"

As if I knew.

All I was positive about was that I almost choked.

It felt as if someone was trying to choke me, but the only people that were home at that time was Jason and... me.

Jason would never do something like that to me. There was absolutely no doubt about it. He was too loving and caring to try to kill me. And anyways, when I tried to grab my assailant, all my fingers had met was air. Who...

And then there was a flash in my head.

Nathaniel Daemon Lucifer.

It had to be him. After all, he was a demon. He had no limits. He even said that he was enjoying my pain.

Then the unfamiliar voice said:

"I'm Dr Prtridge. Your brother brought you here when you were unconcious. You probably suffered a asthma attack. It sometimes happens at the most unexpected moments."

"But I never had asthma in my whole life." I said, frowning.

"Well, you can start having asthma at any age."

"Oh..." I said. But I wasn't conviced at all. It was HIM.

"I'll leave you alone to make a call to your parents. She probably should get some rest, young man." He said to Jason.

"Will you be all right if I leave you alone?"

"Yes, of course."

"Okay, so I'll go grab something to eat."

I waited until Jason closed the door.

Then I called Nathaniel.

We had a few things to discuss.