Interrupted Happiness

May 7th, 2009
Hell

"Christina," Rex said, looking down at her.

"Rex.." Christina said awkwardly.

"You have ruined my reputation!" Rex yelled at her unexpectedly.

"I- I didn't mean to!" Christina yelled back.

She immediately covered her mouth with her hand and apologized.

"You think you can just yell at me!?" Rex yelled back.

"No. No, I don't. I'm sorry." Christina argued, looking away.

"I'm the one that is sorry. I'm sorry that you're weak and unable.." Rex said.

"I didn't make my life happen this way! I didn't choose to be brought into this!" Christina yelled.

"It's been a year, Christina. If you don't get rid of your brother and the rest of the RP's, then.." Rex trailed off.

"Then, what?" Christina asked.

"I will have to break up with you. I will take away your powers." Rex stated.

"What!? No! You can't!" Christina demanded.

"I'm sorry, Christina. You're ruining my reputation as Hell King. I can't be dating someone who fails." Rex said.

"Then what do I need to do?" Christina asked, desperate.

"Kill the RP's. Make no trace left of them. Erase them from existence." Rex stated.

"Yes... sir," Christina said and went through an exit portal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 16th, 2010
Huntington River Park

I walked down the aisle holding Jennifer's arm as we got closer to the arch. Henry was already there. I hugged Jenny and walked with the rest of the groomsmen. There was Me, Victor, and Henry's longtime best friend, Edward. The bridesmaids were Katherine and Jenny's best friends, Stephanie and Zoey.

The priest stood and read the book. He occasionally looked up at the two, while Jenny and Henry would hold hands and smile. The wedding seemed to take forever like all weddings do. Finally, they said their do's and kissed. Everyone cheered and celebrated. They were now joined, Henry and Jennifer Zalter.

In the park, the Huntington River flows through it, and there are two big hills. The park sits on one hill while the other has a bridge connecting it. Jenny and Henry had rented the space on the other hill where a small club building was for the wedding dinner and toast.

So, we began walking over the bridge. We were just talking about life now and it was all casual. But when we got halfway across the bridge. Henry just stopped. Jenny was still walking and almost fell.

"What's wrong?" Jennifer asked.

Henry was just silent. Listening. Everyone else finally was silent. Since we could hear better, we could hear a silent creaking near Henry and then it got closer to the rest of us. All of the RP's were more toward the front, where the creaking was.

"What is that!?" Somebody yelled out

"Oh my god!" Zoey yelled.

"Jenny!" I yelled as I saw the boards collapse under her.

But I realized the boards cracked under me too.

"Ahhhhh!!!" All the RP's yelled and some few others as the bridge's floor collapsed in that one area.

I watched as a bunch of relatives looked over the edge of the hole, clueless at what to do, but scared. I also looked to the side of the hill. I saw Christina. Grinning.

We all fell into the river, which was cold and fast. I saw as Victor and Nathan were dragged past me. We were all going to head into the ocean. Some of us were closer to the shore and held on to rocks and got out of the river. I was in the middle with Henry and Jenny. Victor and Nathan were in the middle, but ahead of us. Henry and Jenny hugged each other and kissed, thinking they might die. A tree was bent over the river and in quick thinking, I picked up Henry, who was holding onto Jenny, and lifted him up as they both grabbed onto the tree which was strong enough to hold them. I looked ahead to see Victor has pushed Nathan against the current to reach a small collection of sand and dirt that extruded into the river.

I remembered Nathan never was a big fan of water. So he was safe. Victor and I were left in the current, being dragged closer and closer to the ocean. I looked up and I see Jenny flying with her fairy wings. I kind of forgot those existed. She never liked her fairy wings that much after Crazy Valley, so she usually tucked them in a semi-heavy jacket, but she did have them out with her wedding dress, that was now ruined.

She flew up to me and lifted me out, barely being able to carry my weight. She dropped me on the shore, but I was still frozen. I was worried about Victor though. So I made myself get up and run down the river. But Victor had been carried down the river so far. I could barely see him. I saw Jenny in the distance though, picking up Victor. When I looked closer, I realized Victor's head was down and his body looked limp.

I ran down the river as fast as I could, which warmed me up in the process. Jenny had dropped Victor's body on the shore gently and was checking him when I got there. He had already been out for a while and he was dry from the sun. It was a long way away. Luckily, I was in the athletic shape. I looked down at Victor as he was less pale than usual, and that's saying something for a vampire. Well, a half vampire.

"Jeffrey... I don't think he's.." Jenny said.

"Don't think that." I interrupted.

I allowed the RP's to call me Jeffrey from now on. Epic was just a fake name to hide myself. But I decided against it since nobody else had fake names. And I wasn't actually sure about Victor. I've had to check Nathan before. But I'm still a little unfamiliar with vampire ways. I knew they had irregular pulses and heartbeats. I checked for those and Victor did have them, but they actually seemed more like a.. human.

"His.. Nevermind," I said.

"What?" Jenny asked, worried.

"I said nevermind," I said again.

I checked on Victor again and everything. But there was nothing wrong with him. His breathing was just very faint, and he had passed out. I picked him up and we started walking back to the Huntington Park. I knew this was bad. She's back. Another adventure for all of us... Time for the RP's to get back in action.