The Lake House

Told by @jcoste2020

I was on the normal summer vacation my family takes every year to our lake house for a week. We all went and toured a little area that consisted of a house, old slave quarters, a one room school house and a couple barns. These houses are all from 1870 something. They allow people to walk the ground level of the houses. I have been going to this lake since I was born and I had never heard of any type of hauntings in this home.

My mom, my two sisters and I were walking through the house as my brother and dad walked through the barn. I was standing alone in the dining area when I felt a light woman-sized hand brush my arm. Turning to make sure it wasn't my sister sneaking up on me and noticing she wasn't there. My mom yelled from the living room that she was going to my dad, I didn't move and replied with a simple okay. Standing alone in this house, I felt the temperature drop a few degrees*. I said in a normal, sweet tone, "Can the person who just touched me make themselves known? I just want to make sure you're okay."

I continued walking walking through the house, taking pictures of windows and mirrors. Not getting anything in my pictures I went to walk back out the front door disappointed, until as I was walking out a gentle, female sized hand touched my arm, as if guiding me out and thanking me for visiting.

I walked back to my mom, and we all started walking back to the car. I asked my sisters if they experienced anything, both of them denied. I decided to not tell them anything that had happened.

*These houses have no air or heat in them, and it was a stiff-aired, humid, 92 degrees F day. With NO breeze.

 With NO breeze