We can't be friends pt.21

Start from the beginning

I just stared blankly at him. “Believe it or not I didn’t shoot him.” He stared at me waiting for my reaction. I scoffed at him.

How can he actually expect me to believe that he didn’t do it. They were all three fighting so it was hard to see but Harlem definitely had a motive to shoot him. All that shit he was talking at the party anybody could say that he shot him.

As if he was reading my mind, he spoke. “You couldn’t really see us anyway. The lights were off because of the party and the only reason you could really see faces was because of street lights through the windows, and cell phone lights.” He stroked his chin and smirked at me. “It was your other boy toy Rico. I promise.” He sounded sincere but I still didn’t believe him. If he was capable of kidnapping me then he was capable of shooting Omari.

“I don’t believe you,” I snapped.

He shrugged. “Don’t. I can’t make you, but it’s the truth.”

“Why are you kidnapping me?” I asked again.

He rolled his eyes. “Are we really gonna do this again?”

“Hell yeah. I wanna know why I’m sitting in the back of this raggedy ass van with your murderous ass.”

He cracked up laughing. “Like I always said: your mouth ridiculous. If I put a gun to your head you still wouldn’t shut the fuck up.” He abruptly turned serious.

“But nah, I got plans for you. Me and you gon’ have some fun.” He grinned at me and I suddenly felt sick.

~_~_~_~_~

“Wake up,” Something kicked me in my side hard. I jerked up ready to smack somebody but then I remembered where I was. I looked to see Harlem standing outside the van door looking at me silently.

“Are you gonna get out or what?” He asked like I was dumb. I started to get up. “And don’t think about trying nothing because a bullet will be through your skull before you can blink, feel me?” He said tapping the side of his shirt. I gulped and nodded at him before moving toward the door much more slowly this time.

I finally made it outside next to him and he slammed the door shut behind me. “Come on,” he turned his back on my and started walking up a dirt pathway to a, trap house it looked like. It was literally in the middle of nowhere. I had no idea where we were and I was scared to death. There were trees and bushed everywhere and I thought about making a run for it since he was paying attention.

Then I remembered what he said and I knew I would be shot before I even made it to the tree line. So I kept following him until we stood on the old wooden porch. He opened the white screen door and gestured me in before him.

Nigga’s everywhere in the house from what I could see as I took on my surroundings. Some of them really scared me for real. A rough push in my back caused me to stumble forward and I knew it was Harlem. I turned and glared at him and he smiled back.

He gave dap to a few of them and I saw them looking at me and licking their lips. I really hope he didn’t bring me here to be raped or something. I actually stood behind Harlem to get away from their gazes and they laughed at me.

Harlem pushed me back in front of him and then did a loud whistle. Immediately everybody’s attention was on me and I tried to moved but he had me gripped by my upper arms so I’d stay in front of him. I could feel the heat of his chest on my back.

“Y’all this is Bri,” He some sinister smirk and everybody slowly started smiling with him. I did not like the way they were looking at me.

“What do you want?” I asked quietly. I think that was like the third time I had asked that in the last hour.

“Well, we need you. We’re gonna take Omari’s dumb ass for everything he’s worth and you’re the key to getting it.”

My mouth just dropped open What the hell were they talking about? “What you mean?”

“Oh that’s right, you don’t know what he gets up to after school hours do you. I bet you wanna know why he was gone for so long. Why he sometimes disappears after getting random phone calls and what not?” He asked me.

“Yeah it’s his girlfriends that be calling him.” I said with a confused face.

“Nah you’re not really that dumb are you? You believe that?” They all started laughing at me. I was really confused now. “I see we gon’ have to let her know wassup,” He looked down at me suddenly. “Omari is a drug dealer. Me and him used to be partners but then the boss like how he sold better than me, he got more customers or some shit, so he gave him better jobs to do than just standing outside on the corner. But you know we got into this shit together, but when shit started going bad on my end, that nigga didn’t even blink. Didn’t try to help me. Talking ‘bout he wanna get out the game or whatever. I pretended not to sweat it but really I was heated. All along I been planning how I could snatch the rug out from under his ass, and when I found out about y’all, I knew just how to do it.”

“Uh-“ I started to say something but he cut me off again.

“Oh and that stuff at the party was really just another act. I couldn’t give a damn who you with. But I had to sell that shit. I did good huh?” He smiled proudly at me. “I still didn’t shoot him though as much as I wanted to. But anyway that means you gonna be staying here with us for some time. At least until Omari wakes up. So get comfortable.”

He walked away leaving me standing there in a room full of strangers. The shit has just gotten so real for me. What the hell was I gonna do?

******************************************

Sorry it's really late!