Combined Ruby

Doc finally realizes what has been going on the entire time. All of the answers have been revealed by complete accident. He knows what Steven, Earl, Amy, Bob, and Sophie really are.

It all makes sense now. The colors, the purple human, the freezing of the bat. The humans were never humans. "They're Gems!" His comrades join in starting with Army. "We've been tricked!"

Then Navy, holding her hands up as she gasps. "What a turn of events!" Eyeball growls and Leggy turns around, confused. "Huh? Oo what?" Garnet gets up as the Gems join her side.

"Sorry guys, the game is over." Doc gets ready to fight. He hops onto Leggy and spreads his arms out. "That's it!" Navy joins up on the left and Army joins on the right. They all hold hands as the they step all over a struggling Leggy.

Eyeball hops on top of Doc and folds her arms. Doc announces the action. "Rubies, combine!" All of them start to glow. The glowing grows and forms a giant the size of all five rubies combined.

The quintuple fusion stomps on the ground and lets out a loud roar. The giant has a ruby on its right eye as well as her chest, stomache, right shoulder, and right leg. The Gems start to take out their weapons.

Suddenly, Peridot screams from the barn, finally willing to give herself up. "WAAAAAAAAIT!" Everyone stops to face the barn as Peridot runs out to them. "Ooo, wait stop! Don't hurt them!"

Peridot falls on her face, gets up, and falls again. She pants excessively as she scampers over to join the Gem's side. "Wait, oh please please!" Everyone looks at Peridot, surprised by the decision that she's made.

"It's me you're after, right? I'm not gonna stand by and let my friends fight my battles." Steven's eyes shine in awe. "Awww, Peri Loves us." The giant stares down at Peridot.

"Are you the Peridot assigned to the failed Earth mission?" Peridot presses her fingers together. "Not sure if "'failed'" would be the right word..." The giant's eyes narrow. "Where is Jasper?"

Peridot looks at the giant, dumbfounded. Her hysteria dissapears for a moment. "You're looking for Jasper?" The giant nods. "Correct." Peridot's hysteria comes back, flabbergasted.

"Wait, but I'm the one who betrayed the mission! Who called Yellow Diamond a clod! The new leader of the Crystal Gems!" Pearl looks down at Peridot, confused by her last comment. "What?"

The giant has waited its patience. It forces it's head down at the Gems. Steven and Peridot back away. "Tell us where Jasper is. Now!" Peridot turns to Gems, sweating under the pressure. Pearl silently shakes her head.

"Jasper, umm...we know where Jasper is." They know...but they won't say anything. Pearl has failed to save Jasper back on Mask Island and she fell into a crevice.

The giant is losing its patience further. "Well?!" Peridot stares speechless, unable to come up with a response. "UUhhhh...." Steven quickly intrudes with a hasty solution. He points at the sky. "NEPTUNE!"

The giant looks at the sky. "She's on the planet Neptune." The giant looks back at Steven. Everyone stays silent as the rubies inside the giant debate on wether the response should be taken or not.

Steven blinks in anguish as the giant's eyes narrow. A single drop of sweat comes down on Steven's face. After a moment, the giant smiles. "Well, why didn't you say so?" The rubies bought it.

Steven exhales in relief and the giant glows. The glow shrinks down until all five of the rubies appear standing side by side with each other. Doc smiles. "We all here?" He starts counting.

"One, two, three, four eeee..." He looks around until he realizes that he also counts. "Ha! Five." Doc points at the sky, determined. "To the planet Neptune!" Army runs to the pod. "Let's move out, soldiers."

Navy wanders away to the pod. "What a lovely sounding planet!" Leggy complains. "But we just got here!" Doc grabs her arm and pulls her away. "Let's go, newbie." Eyeball is left. She stares at the Gems in tense silence.

Then she finally responds in a strained voice. "Thank you." The rubies get into the pod. After Doc gets in, Eyeball looks at the Gems one last time before entering the pod and closing hatch.

The engine starts up. The pod blasts out of ground and into the air. The Gems stare as the pod creates a wind so strong that Lapis's hat flies off from her head. The pod continues to rise as two rings form above it.

The rings form a black cloud. The pod stays still for a moment before blasting off to Neptune at hyperspeed. Amethyst looks at the sky, dumbfounded. "Man, Rubies are dumb."

Garnet smiles. "Not all of them." Steven and others smile at Garnet and they pat her on the back before walking back to the barn. Garnet then frowns before she starts walking back herself.