Lion To Lapis

The next day, Steven stands outside the barn talking with Peridot as his dad, Greg, packs everything in the back of his van. "Are you sure you wanna stay? You could always come back to the temple with us and live in the bathroom again."

Peridot shakes her head as she lounges on an old tractor, folding her arms. "No thanks." Peridot gives Steven an expression of disgust. "I have seen what goes on in there."

Steven blushes a little to her comment. "Besides, I've grown accustomed to this place." Peridot points to the giant hole nearby. "And I could probably fix the hole that I made with my giant robot."

Steven nods his head. "Hm, okay! Well, have fun redecorating!" Greg closes the back doors of the van. "Well, that's everything...and then some. Steven, you ready to go home?"

Garnet pokes her head out of the van window. "All seat belts are fastened!" Steven walks up to the van with his hotdog duffle bag slung over his shoulder. "Peridot says she's staying."

Greg shrugs and smiles. "Eh...it's probably for the best. I don't think she would've fit in the van." "You guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you on Lion." Greg walks over the to the front of the van.

"Sure...okay...I'll see you in a bit." Greg opens the front door. He gets in and closes it. He then starts up the van engine and drives off. Steven waves as the van drives away. "SEE YA!" Steven then looks around.

"Now where is that feline?" Steven walks off, away from the barn. He calls out. "LION?! HEY LION?!" Steven stops walking. He inhales and yells. "LEEEEON!" Steven's eyes wander. He holds his hand up, pretending to hold something.

"I have a big steak right here in my hand for you!" Steven lets his fist go to drop the imaginary steak. "Whoops...I dropped it and it fell out of existence." Steven continues to walk away onto a flowery hill.

"You can't hide from me too long because you love me so much!" Steven then stops walking and looks around again. "WHOA!" Steven spots Lapis sitting on top of the silo. "LAPIS!"

Steven runs over to the ladder and climbs up to meet Lapis whose clothes and hair are gently blowing in the wind. She looks up at the sky as Steven over the ladder and slides down silo a bit, struggling to keep his balance.

He lands down beside Lapis. Steven faces her and smiles. "I thought you left." Lapis folds her arms on her knees. "I was leaving, then I realized I've got nowhere to go. Who knows what they would do to me back home after what I did to Jasper?"

Lapis closes her eyes. "I can't go back to Homeworld. I can't stay here." "Sure you can." Lapis opens her eyes to look at Steven. "What?" "You can totally stay here! It doesn't have to be here here." Steven points at the ground and then shrugs.

"You can live anywhere. You don't have to stay in Beach City if you don't want to." Steven takes out his hands and starts naming other cities. "Oh! You could live in Surf City or Sea City, Aqua Town, Bayburgh."

Steven holds his hand out to Lapis holding up four fingers. "And that's all the places I know on the top of my head. I could show you around." Lapis sits up staight, no longer folding her arms. "Really?"

"Yeah, we could find you a new place to live." Steven takes his phone out of his pocket showing a GPS app on the screen. "I really only know the
tri-state area but my phone has a global positioning system."

Lapis faces Steven. "Oh...uh...okay." Lapis stands up. "Let's go look!" Steven stands up. "Ready Freddy?" Lapis smiles as she crouches down to allow Steven to climb up on her back.

"My name's Lapis." Steven climbs up onto Lapis and holds on to her shoulders. Lapis holds on to Steven's back as she stands up. "You okay like this?" Steven nods and Lapis takes off.