Losing Track

Eyeball stands on home base as batter. Amethyst watches as she readies her bat. Steven throws the ball and Eyeball knocks it away. Lapis notices and looks up. She moves a little to the left and catches it.

Doc scolds at Ruby as she stands on third base while Ruby gets ready to swing. She is still paying more attention to Sapphire than the game. "You need to do better. Concentrate!" Ruby is losing track of the plan.

Steven throws the ball as Sapphire waves on third base. Amethyst watches as Ruby blushes. She hits the ball and it flies towards Sapphire. Once it lands on the ground next to her, Sapphire dances and cheers.

Ruby has made a home run. Steven and Pearl look back in disbelief. Steven whispers with his arms spread out. "What?!" Doc runs up to Ruby and pats him on the back, smiling. Army joins in as well.

She flexes on the field, showing her joy. "YEAHHHH!" Pearl bats up next. She swings and hits the ball following up with Steven and then Amethyst. Lapis steps up onto home base. She holds the bat in front of her to block.

Doc throws the ball and it hits the bat, granting Lapis first base. She tosses the bat and walks away. Ruby backs away as Doc lauches herself at the ball following up with Army and Eyeball landing right on top of her.

Navy steps up to bat as Doc, Army, and Eyeball watch Ruby chat with Sapphire on the bench. Steven walks up to grab Sapphire's arm to pull her away. Navy hits the ball as Ruby steps up to Sapphire to give her a flower.

Sapphire takes the flower and blushes with Ruby. The ball hits Sapphire on the back of the head who is too busy flirting with Ruby. Steven watches in anguish. "Err..." Lapis catches the next ball and smiles.

Amethyst throws the ball with a grunt. Doc launches himself onto home base. Pearl stands on the pod as pitcher. She throws the ball with a grunt. Army hits the ball so hard, that the bat snaps in half.

Steven watches in anguish as the rubies make another home run. Steven runs back to barn to get another bat. Peridot speaks up from behind the door. "Hey, how's it going? Are we winning?"

She watches as Steven gets another bat from the box inside the barn. "Er..." Steven and Peridot watch as Ruby gives Sapphire instructions on how to hit the ball. She readies the bat as Ruby holds her.

"Now, what you want to do is lean with your hips." Sapphire swings the bat. "Yeah, that's pretty good." Eyeball watches in concern. "Let me show you again." Eyeball looks back at Steven, his eye twitching in suspicion.

Steven sweats and laughs nervously. "Well, heh..." Steven hesitates. "We're doing just fine. Everything's going to be a-okay." Steven starts walking away back onto the field.

Peridot doesn't believe that. She clutches the side of the door in sick realization. "You're lying to me!!" Steven responds. "To make you feel better!" "Thank you!"