Play Baseball

Steven and Ruby walk out of the barn as they head towards the rubies. Ruby picks up Steven and carries him to the rubies as to not look anymore suspicious than she already is.

"Hey guys!" The other rubies stare at Ruby as she places Steven down who is holding the baseball bat Amethyst gave him. They face the rubies with transparent expressions.

"I checked the barn and I just found a bunch of humans. Hah!" Steven nods as he tries to look innocent. "Yup, nothing in there but us humans." Doc's eyebrows and eyes narrow in skepticism. "Really?"

Ruby continues and smiles in anxiety. "Look like we failed. Time to go back home. Heh." Doc folds his arms. "I think we better double-check. You remember what happened last time." Ruby wasn't there. "Last time?"

All of the rubies except for Doc and Leggy laugh and snicker. Navy sends out a hand in a "stop it" attitude. "Oh, Ruby, you're so forgetful!" Doc fixes his visor. "Alright, let's search the barn!" All of his comrades agree.

"Yes, Ruby!" Ruby interrupts. "WAIT!" Doc looks down at Ruby in surpise from her abrupt comment. "You can't, beca-because...uh..." She glances at Steven for help. "You have to...uh..." Steven looks at the bat in his hand.

"Play baseball!" Steven smiles. The rubies look at each other. "Yeah, it's a human thing. I-If you win, you can go inside, and if you lose, you...gotta leave forever." Steven sends the bat down to grip it with his other hand.

Doc's eyes narrow. "Baseball?" Steven nods. "Hold on, I'll be right back. We're going to need more players." Ruby speaks up. "I'll round them up!" They walk away to the barn and they stand in the doorway.

The Gems noticed Steven's announcement. "Baseball?" Ruby facepalms, realizing that it's a stupid idea. Sapphire thinks about it aloud. "I... saw that this was a possibility, though I am surprised this is the path we're taking."

Steven takes out a whistle and blows. "Alright, my human baseball knowledge will lead us to victory! Let's just go out there and pretend to be humans. Except Peridot. You stay here in the barn and hide."

Peridot's eyes wander around in anxiety. "Okay." Steven holds up a glove in one hand and a baseball bat in the other. "Everybody in?" He glances over at Lapis. "Lapis?" Lapis looks over and chuckles, smiling. "This plan sucks."