The Melon Village

Something opens it's eyes. It sees blurs of palm trees in the bright morning sunlight. Birds chirp as the trees' leaves sway and feel one another. Something shields it's eyes, having just woken up from it's dream.

The something is a melon. A living, human-like melon with arms, legs, hands and feet. It also has a melon haircut as well. It's gender is unidentified. However, it does appear to look male.

He squints his eyes until he can see clearly. He then removes his hand and blinks. The melon sits up and looks left and right. He notices the plants, trees, and rocks surrounding him.

He then looks at his feet, moves them a little, and jumps straight up from the ground. He stumbles backwards as he quickly looks from his feet to his hands which feel for his face. He looks up towards the sky as he blinks with hysteria.

He then walks over to nearby stream to look at his reflection. A hand touches his face. The melon then turns away from the stream as he looks down at his stomache. He puts one hand on it and then the other.

He feels around it and then looks up. He puts a hand up to what could be his mouth. "Bwargh." Suddenly, melon seeds coming flying out of his mouth which is quickly covered by his hands.

The melon then spits out more seeds as he grunts and spins in a daze. He lands on his butt and coughs, mumbling to himself as he waves his arms. The ground shakes and something starts barking.

The melon faces the bushes just in time to see a living, dog-like melon jump out of them. It joyfully bounces along the ground until it lands flat on it's stomache. The melon dog moves it's arms and legs as he tries to get up.

Once it does, the melon dog runs and then rolls towards the melon. The melon gets up and happily pets the dog's stomache as soon it reaches him. The dog then pants, rolls away, gets up, and runs.

It stops for moment to bark at the melon and then runs away again. The melon runs after the dog past the stream, through a crystal archway, and out of the area. The melon tries to keep up with the dog as it rolls through the forest.

Once they are out, the dog stops rolling and gets up. It jumps with excitement as it wags its tail and runs to a nearby village. It stops as soon as it reaches the village and turns back to the melon, panting.

"Huh." The melon smiles in awe as he observes the village. They stroll through it as two other human-like melons with garden hats chop into the soil with farming tools. Another picks up a baby melon and another brings another baby to a cart full of baby melons.

Once it's loaded on, the cart driver cracks a whip with some reins which gets a melon horse to walk. The melon and the dog stop for a moment to see what's going on as the cart pulls away from them.

Melon chickens make clucking sounds as a nearby melon wearing a skirt and flowers sweeps the ground outside. The cart pulls up and stops. The melon sweeping stops sweeping and faces the doorway to it's house.

"Bwah wah." Another melon wearing a tie emerges from the hut. The cart driver gets off and walks over to his cart. He takes a baby melon from it and places it on the ground in a standing position.

The baby melon looks back at the cart driver who acknowledges a response with a smile. The baby melon then runs over to the two melons. He hugs the one in the skirt and flowers who hugs it back.

Then melon with the tie looks back at the cart driver and gives him a thumbs up. The cart driver gives him a thumbs up back and pulls away. The melon and dog then continue their walk through the village.

They notice two more melons playing a game of footbag as another one plays with a drum nearby. The visiting melon smiles as he sees two more melons spinning around together, laughing. The melon and the dog walk up to the village statue.

They see a gathering of baby melons and a chief melon next to the statue. The chief gives an instruction to them. The baby melons then copy the pose of the statue: closing their eyes and holding their hands out.

The visiting melon raises an eyebrow and frowns with the dog. Tremors roar throughout the village as it shakes. "Huh?" Two birds on the statue cry and fly away. A melon hits a gong in a continuous rhythm.

Everyone stops doing what they are doing and they look up. The farming melons drop their tools and they walk over to the statue along with everyone else.

The visiting melon looks left and right blinking with its eyebrow still raised as the other melons line up in two rows, single file, on the left and right of the statue facing each other.

The chief shakes its stick and all of the melons except the visiting one puts a finger to its mouth and closes its eyes. The visiting melon looks around and then down at the dog who is also following the chief's order.

Suddenly, the chief points it's stick at the visiting melon and nods. A yellow star is then painted onto his stomache and a wreath of roses are placed on his head.

The visiting melon is then hoisted onto a wooden chair that is being carried away by four other melons. The visiting melon looks around as he sent through another crystal archway and into a clearing.

The melons stop at a cliff and they place the chair down on the ground. One of the melons help the visiting melon off who walks up to them. The melons then clap twice and walk away.

The visiting melon looks around and turns back to the archway. The other melons are behind it, keeping watch. "Uh?" Two melons clinging onto the archway look at each other. The one on the right of it lets go of it and walks up to the middle.

The melon performs the pose that the baby melons imitated from the statue. The other looks back at the visiting melon and nods. He puts a hand out to show that the visiting melon must take this pose.

The visiting melon turns back to the cliff and shrugs. He holds his hands out and closes his eyes. Tremors shake the island once more as the visiting melon opens an eye. The other melons watch the event unfold in fear.

A giant monster surfaces from the water. It rises up to the visiting melon. Its color resembles its deep, dark tomb. It also has long white hair and a malachite gem for its nose. The monster opens its sharp, green eyes a bit.

The visiting melon sweats as he opens his eyes. He screams at the sight of the familiar monster. The monster focuses its eyes on the visiting melon. It's eyes widen as it gasps. They stare at each other in shock.

The monster roars as chains hold its arms and body back. The other melons back away a bit in visible fear. The island shakes again to the monster's rage. "Steven." The monster opens it's mouth and rushes towards him.