Tears and Confessions

Thanks guys for all the love. Please keep reading and commenting. This chapter is especially long since it has much to say about Hannah and Adrian's story. 

Picture of Hannah as Karen Gillian above :)

Chapter 2

I looked at Hannah. She was staring at the table while clutching it until her knuckles had gone white. We were facing the boys, so we could see their actions. Adrian was completely ignoring us although all his friends glanced at us and gave us friendly smiles. They had a new addition in their table today. Katie. Grant had his arms slung behind her chair and Katie was leaning into it. If everything had gone right, Hannah would have been sitting there too.

For as long as I could remember, Hannah had had a crush on Adrian. Adrian had never given off that vibe but still had been pretty damn protective of her. And, me? I had daydreamt about my best friend being my sister-in-law and us giggling all night through for forever. But none of us had gone beyond dreaming because of the whole mate thing. Hannah's feeling never went beyond a crush because there was always the fact that there was a mate selected for Adrian by the Moon Goddess. But all that changed six months ago.

When we realised that the Moon Goddess had chosen her.

That fateful afternoon, I was walking with Hannah to my class when Adrian had passed us by for his own classes. He must have bumped into Hannah because the next thing I knew, both of them had frozen with their eyes fixed on each other. Hannah had looked ecstatic but nervous, waiting for his reaction.

Adrian got over the shock first because he looked at Hannah with a grim look and said

"Hello, mate"

Every single person in that hallway stopped as they heard what he had said since he hadn't exactly been whispering. And they went downright crazy when Adrian grabbed Hannah and kissed her. Hard.

After he had let her go ( I could not say when, since I had my eyes closed) , he abruptly turned around and walked off to his class leaving chaos behind him. Hannah was grinning and crying at the same time. Her wildest dream of being the mate of the guy she had loved all her life had come true. She was so elated that she didn't even realise what the whole thing meant.

She was the future Queen of the Werewolf Dynasty.

My mother had been the only child of the previous King after whom she had become the Queen, making my father the King. Adrian, being the first born was the future King while I was merely a princess.

The news that the Werewolf Dynasty had found their future Queen spread like wildfire. The girls who had high hopes of sitting on that golden throne someday didn't take kindly to it. They glared at her the whole day and passed snide comments. We went home to find that Adrian had already told our parents and Hannah's about them. Both the couples were grinning from ear to ear. My mother had always loved her as her own and had shared my dreams of seeing them together.

That evening there was a great celebration filled with happiness and envy. The first hint of something being wrong was when Adrian stood up in the middle of dinner and asked that nobody outside of this clan find out that he had found his mate.

Everyone present was surprised but they agreed nonetheless. My father, in an attempt to explain this bizarre request, stood up and explained that it was to protect the future Queen from rogue wolves as much as possible but I could see that even he was confused by my brother's order. Everything went downhill from there.

From the next day, Adrian pretended that Hannah didn't exist. The kiss he had given her in the hallway was a far away dream that might as well have never existed. As the days passed and my brother continued to be a jerk, Hannah's elation turned to despair and heartbreak while the jealousy of the other girls turned into malicious pity. My parents were bewildered and furious at Adrian and naturally took Hannah's side. Since then, Hannah had turned into a shadow of her real self and it got worse every day. The only silver lining in this whole tragedy was that my brother, who had previously his fair share of girlfriends had never looked at another girl twice. Even though he ignored Hannah, the other female sex was non-existent to him too.