I wiped my bowl with the dish towel discarded on the counter.

"Or show that you care."

"That's the thing, I don't care! He hasn't been around since I was 4. He wouldn't have to relay messages to you if he had thought about the consequences of his actions!"

"You don't think he hasn't thought about that? Thirteen fucking years he's been in there Chase, you don't think he's thought about it?"

I stayed silent.

"He's getting out early, two months from now."

"I'm goin' out. Don't wait for me." I got my jacket and walked out.

I heard no protests or footsteps coming after me. Just the wind blowing and my shoes skidding against the sidewalk.

It's not that I don't love my dad, it's just the choice he made. He's sat in prison for the last thirteen years. That's thirteen years he's been out of my life. That last time I saw him was behind a glass. The last time I've heard his voice was behind a plastic phone. After a few years, I just didn't wanna see him anymore. Because every time I go, I get reminded of what he did to be in this situation. To be in the predicament.

I didn't know where I was going but my feet sure did. I stepped into a little cafe on the usual route to school. The smell of coffee and pastries filled my nostrils. After my helping of jambalaya, I wasn't really feeling anything sweet. So instead I got some tea.

I sat in a corner with my steaming cup in my hands. I could feel the tears coming. My vision began to get blurry, and finally my tears flowed. I let the tears come down.

"He's so stupid." I mumbled.

Unexpectedly, I heard the chair in front me scrape. I looked at a pair of olive green eyes. His hair was messy and he had a lazy smile plastered on his face. But once he took a good look, that smile turned into a concerned frown. I looked back down at the dark brown liquid in my hands, reflecting my face.

My eyes looked a bit swollen, my eyes were red, and my lips were pulled into a frown.

In other words, I looked a mess.

"Chase."

I looked back up at those mesmerizing eyes.

"Your eyes remind me of a olives." I sniffled.

He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the side. He kept staring at my eyes, like he was trying to find something. I looked away out of embarrassment. I then heard a laugh. His laugh to be exact.

"Sie troppo tenera." He mumbled. *You are too cute.*

"I didn't magically just learn Italian, so cut the Italian." I huffed. I wiped my nose with my sleeve.

"What's got you down?" He asked.

"None of your business." I scoffed.

"I can respect that. What I can't stand though, is those tears coming down." He moved closer to wipe a tear with his thumb.

"You barely know me Morello."

"That doesn't matter, I can't stand a woman crying." He said in a soft tone. "Ho visto troppa gente ferita in vita mia." He trailed off. *I've seen too many people hurt in my life.*

"I'm fine."

Once again, he started looking in my eyes. A look of determination was on his face. He sighed and got up from his chair.

"It's pretty late, I'll take you home." He said while pointing to his car.

"I'm fine right here, thank you very much."

"Oh mio Dio, will you stop being stubborn? Running away won't solve anything alright? C'mon get up."

I sighed. He's right.

I finished what was left of my coffee and got up to follow Sebastián. What I thought was his car, actually wasn't. It was the really nice one beside it.

It was black and looked like something from the late 60's but really slick and cool. I liked it. But once I opened it, there was red interior with black leather seats. It even smelled good.

"Falling in love?" He chuckled.

"I might."

He rubbed the dashboard. "Too bad, she's mine." I shook my head and buckled up. He asked me my address and he drove.

I would look out the window occasionally but it's fumble with my hands. I hope she went to sleep. I hope she wasn't up so I'd have to argue. I didn't want any of that. I just didn't want to deal with any of this.

"This looks likes your place." He said while looking at the house.

"Thanks for lift." I said while unbuckling my seatbelt. Before I could open the door, he grabbed my shoulder.

"Hey," he started. "Whatever has got you down, whatever you're frustrated about, it's gonna be ok."

I nodded and got out.

But I don't think I could be sure about that. I feel a storm coming. A bad one.

---

HELLOOOOOOOO HOW ARE YOU?

Enjoy the chapter? It was pretty long.

HAHA I THOUGHT DIRTY, SILLY ME.

Mmk I'm gonna go now lol. XOXO