03..

The rest of the day went smoothly. No trouble whatsoever. I found out I had Bash in my last period. It was kind of eventful, because his sense of humor was awesome.

He would pass me notes and I'd pass them back. He'd tell me how Jessica looks like she was twitching when she would attempt to wink at him. But that was pretty weird, she would've approached him by now.

He hasn't told me that she's tried so she must be waiting. How considerate.

He walked with me out the doors of school when the bell rang. He was really cool, and he even kept the Italian to a minimum for my sake. He would tease me about what I said about earlier today about liking it.

I mean what girl wouldn't?

But we parted ways after that. I walked a pretty tiring ten minute walk. But once I got home, best believe I went to that pantry.

You see, my mom had recently picked up groceries from Walmart. There was surely a lot of bags I had to help haul in here. I didn't actually get to check but now I made sure.

Once I opened it, it was like the moment when angels start to sing and light would shine on the praise worthy snacks. Ranging from Maruchan noodles to two bags of Cheeto puffs.

I'll definitely make sure to give my mother a big wet kiss.

I took the big bag of Cheeto puffs and ran in my room. Once I was far enough, I jumped in my bed and got on my laptop.

"Bobs Burgers here I come." I mumbled.

=> => => =>

"CHASE!"

"WHAT!" I shouted back.

"YOUR FOOD 'FINNA GET COLD!"

I groaned and sat on the side of my bed. It better be something actually good.

I walk down the hallway to the kitchen, and smell the greatest dish of all. My favorite, Jambalaya.

I saw a steaming hot bowl on my side of the table. The aroma of the spicy seasoning and meat had my mouth watering. I pulled the chair and sat. I grabbed my spoon ready to scoop. But my mom had cleared her throat.

"You know what to do." She pursed her lips. I rolled my eyes and put my spoon down. I bowed my head and mumbled grace. After that was finished, I grabbed my spoon and started to eat.

"You might want to slow down before a piece of sausage goes down the wrong pipe." She said while sitting down.

I took her words into consideration and slowed down my pace. In every scoop, I savored the taste and hummed in satisfaction.

"Oh be quiet girl, but I have somethin' to tell you." She said while looking down at her hands. Her hands were getting wrinkles, she was aging slowly. She looked good for a 42 year old. As everyone knows, black just doesn't crack. But she's getting there. I noticed she was messing with her wedding ring. 

"What is it?" I asked. She stayed silent for a while.

"He called today."

I stopped mid-scoop. I set my spoon down in my bowl to look up at her. Her eyes were searching mine. Those same caramel colored eyes I inherited.

"Why should I care?" I scoffed. I got up and took my bowl with me. I went to the sink to rinse out my bowl.

"He asked about you. He wanted to know how his baby girl is doing."

"Fuck him."

"Chase that man is your father whether you like it or not. You've got his blood. Actually cooperate."