17. Will Of A King

I felt a knot in my gut even as I made my way down to the arena where Aaron's corpse was. My heart began beating fast and as I quickened my pace towards where Aaron was, but both Calcifer and Daniel locked arms and kept me from going any further. Aaron's smiling face flashed through my mind. I wailed hard and loudly as they began to lead me back inside. I tried fighting to get past them to no avail. "I..I need to see him!! Let me see him!!," I screamed out. Calcifer wrapped his arms around me and I cried hard into him. I felt so much sadness and rage that I started to feel sick. "The Dark Fae Queen is coming..," Ha Kim said to us. "It's okay..he is in a much better place now..," Calcified said quietly to me. I began to quickly wipe my eyes as Wendy walked in. She sneered at me and a low growl escaped my lips as I went to lounge at her, but Daniel grabbed my arm. "Don't stoop to her level," Daniel replied. Wendy laughed poshly, "Well it's not my fault you didn't train one of your men properly.." She lit a cigarette and smoked on it a moment before speaking again, "I came here to offer a truce...before more of your precious friends are slain." One of her servants handed me a rolled up contract and I whacked it out of my face, "No.. I will not offer to settle anything with you." She smiled, "Fair enough.. I'll keep edging the contract on because I already know what will end up happening.. The future is clear you will loose everything." She then turned and walked off her black feathered dress dragging behind her. "I don't care what future she thinks she sees.. we will give her a fight she hopes for..," I said through gritted teeth. "In fact I choose to join in this.." Daniel and Calcifer exchanges glances. "You, can't be serious..," Ha Kim asked slowly. "Oh but I am..dont worry about me protect yourselves..," I replied as I began to gear up. "No, you can't go out there Liam!!," Emuila shouted to me weakly as she had appeared in front of me. "You will die out there..," she said quietly. I smiled at her, "I can't die.. I passed my exams." I pulled down the light armor helmet and grabbed one of the swords and shields. "Alright..this is it.. we fight with our last breath and take what is rightfully ours. VICTORY!!," I shouted. The others began to howl and cheer as they were rallied up and ready to go. I charged in as they followed charging behind as the horn sounded for the games to commence.

My heart beat rang in my ear and Aaron's face continued to flash before me. I could hear my steady breathing and I knew I made the right choice whatever happens happens now. Daniel's snarky grin appeared in my face, his lessons of being a wolf taught me so many things. It taught me about doing what you consider is best. Be it right to you or wrong to others. Jae and the foxes as well as Marissa and Thomas taught me about bonds. The bonds they have for each other had gotten tighter and stronger because of my influence. Aaron was always never one for confrontation but he was willing to risk death because of me. All of them are. Calcified never left my side..even when he wasn't seen he was always always there.

It's my turn now. To show them how great of a King I can really be.

If not in this life.. then..

The next.