5. The Past

"First thing's first...," Daniel started. I was starting to regret walking so far away from any people in a place so unknown to me. Yeah I do love hiking and did love doing it even now, but this...I did alone. Now I'm following behind Daniel who doesn't know me that well and I know so little about him. He seems dangerous aside from his gruff attire his black soft gelled hair his dominantly strong features his presence gave off a few bad vibes. Calcifer wanted to come with me but the tension between them both was too strong and I didn't feel like wedging in between it. Daniel sat on a log and had a smoke. He stared at the tuffs of leaves then looked at my shoes and the eyed me up and down slowly. He gave a sudden smirk. "W-What..?," I asked. "How old are you?," he said. "H-How old are you?," I deflected quite nicely. He rolled his eyes and stood putting the half smoked bud out with his boot. "Cute...I see why he likes you," he replied. He then walked toward me his eyes drilling holes into mine, "This..how you are will get you killed." I gave a shrug, "Okay..so..what should I-I do?" He shoved me and I fell back. "Get up," he growled. I stood up slowly. He pushed me down again. "....I said..get..UP," he said. I glared at him and stood up. He shoved me harder and I flew back a few feet from him and landed on the ground. I stood up my adrenaline pumped in my grins violently and my heart pounded in my ears. I started to panic as he circled me ready to attack me again. "S-Stop..I..I will--," I started. "You will what?? Shift forms?," he chuckled. "Okay..lets see it then.." His claws cane out and his eyes looked bright gold he relapse as his teeth was more showing. He charged at me and I dodged but he turned to swipe his clawed right hand at me and I ducked. "YOU'RE WEAK LIAM!! STILL PRETENDING TO BE HUMAN??," he growled. He lounged at me again and I moved out of his way his clothes shredded through the bark of the tree. My heart raced and I began sweating. "Leave me alone..just give me a moment to--," I started and he backfisted me and I flew into a boulder and I fell unconscious.

As I was unconscious the dream world wrapped around me. The forest was there again. I was there in the cold. "Hello...?," I asked looking around as I felt eyes watching my every move. "I...know what you are...I'm..I'm not afraid," I called out. I wanted to be bold this time. I wanted to no longer fear what I had become. "...I will accept my fate..but...I want to control you. You are me or a part of me," I said quietly. A low growl was heard and I turned to see glowing gold eyes in the darkness of the trees. It was...coming closer. It came out enough for me to see it. It was...a beautiful red furred wolf. 'I am you...you are me,' it said. I nodded, "We are one..." I was scared...but not anymore. Once I regained consciousness Daniel had me pinned to the ground he had shifted back slowly. "Are you rabid..?," he asked then sniffed me. "You're not..good." He got off of me and smirked. "A female wolf came to be one with you...which means a male bit you." I looked at him curiously, "Female wolf??" He nodded, "Your wolf is female. My wolf is male because a woman bit me and I thus attracted the male wolf to accompany me. To have a female wolf us both great and...annoying..." I looked at my hands then down at my shoes,"I feel no different..." He shrugged, "You won't..but you're giving off a scent that may attract males. In a way you can possibly manipulate males..." He lit another cigarette. "So..what did you mean when you asked me 'Are you rabid?'," I asked. He smoothed his hair back exhaling slowly, "Some..don't bound with their wolves well. They become wild and rabid as the wolf tries gaining full control and that's when I have to put them out of their misery..." As he said that he took out a silver old fashioned gun and pointed at me. "Pow...," he said then put it back in his gun holster. Just like that. He kills his own with the same weakness he has. How psychotic. He licked his lips slowly eyeing me up and down again, "So..what side you wanna be on? Light or Dark?" I never really gave it much thought. I mean...this is still kinda new to me. "What..you wanna stay with Calcifer?," he asked quite coldly. There was a growl in his throat as he narrowed his eyes at me. "You know...he didn't always be on the good side. He and I were on the side of the Dark together...," he said as he fished out a old crumbled up photo it was ripped tattered and in such a bad shape. He unfolded it and in the old antique photo was a guy with a dark hair cut and a rough grin. Daniel. Next to Daniel on one side was a white haired woman she looked beautiful but also fairly psychotic and insecure. She was grabbing on to Daniel. Then..on the other side stood a familiar face I knew too well. It was Calcifer. His expression was one he wears even now. Cold. Calculating. Emotionless. Beside him stood a red head I knew too well. Emuila. "Emuila..is Persephone...," Daniel sighed. I tilted my head a little. Did he mean THE Persephone? The one in Greek mythology who was wife to Hades??! "Y-You mean..she was--," I gulped. "Yep, she was also on the side for Dark but hated it so she turned light," Daniel explained. "Oh..and Calcifer is a hybrid. Calcifer was an arch Angel and he turned Dark and became a fallen Angel...," Daniel went on. "But..how did he become a vampire?," I asked. Daniel shrugged, "Its his curse for betraying his side of the Light." He folded the photo back up. There is so much I wanted to know..and so little of time. He grinned at me,"You do look like her...just a little.." Who?? "Who?? Who is her??," I asked. Daniel shrugged," I will give you more answers as you complete your training. I decided to put effort into babysitting you after all..."