1. Fiction and Reality

I glanced behind me, and it was obvious now...I was being followed. Three, no, four of them were following me all this way. Finally, as I turned down an alley to flee I was cornered. "Look at this Wolfy boy here," one of them sneered at me and showed me his fangs. These creatures weren't afraid to be seen. I knew they weren't human when I first could sense them. Not even a day has passed since I was attacked when I went on one of my usual biking trail hikes alone. I was bitten by something, something big... I cringed glancing from him to the other three. One of them pushed me into the other one and I felt a sharp pain as I was jabbed in the stomach. Wolfy boy. So my theory wasn't untrue afterall. It would have sounded ridiculous to anyone else. I guess this explains everything to me now. I was bitten by a wolf. Now, I guess these things ARE real. I will turn and soon become a wolf, but these guys, these vampires, were going to kill me before I would even get my first change. It didn't occur to me that any of this would be REAL. But it was... "He's so fucking scared," another added as he slid his tongue over his fangs. "Just fuck off," I replied. My voice wavered and I didn't look them in the eyes as I was tossed and beaten around by these assholes. One of them shoved me against the brick wall. They began to squeeze my neck tightly and I was fading out of consciousness. Suddenly, I heard a low growl and the other three were taken out by something that moved as fast as they did, and I closed my eyes shut just before I saw someone with light hair approach me. I blinked awake peering at the ceiling of my room. "You're awake," came a subtle casual voice from the corner of the room. My eyes widened and I could smell him. He smelled like blood, and another scent or attraction wafted from him as well. He stood, wearing a black pea coat, and a royal blue scarf. His outfit looked casual formal. It oddly enough fit him well. He folded his arms, and stepped a bit more into the light of the room. His eyebrows and hair were pale blonde aside from his eyelashes..he didn't have any. His hair was smoothed behind his ear in short messy cut fashion, and his jawline and facial structure was flawlessly sculptured and slightly gaunt. His features were making me a tad jealous, he had looks most people would try to kill for. His skin was a pearl porcelain pale, and it didn't take me long to realize what he was. He was one of THEM. "Liam..," he said the words casually and tossed my wallet on the bed. My I.D was shown clearly in it. He moved over to sit on the edge of the bed, and my body tensed all over at his silent movements. "Liam Collins...," he spoke again in the same tone. "You..owe me. For I have graciously saved your life," he finished. He peered at me the whole time and his gaze was starting to make my stomach churn. The gleam of light showed his true vampyric iris color and it was silver. I then moved to sit up a little, "I..I don't--" He thrusted his palm against my body and it ached even more, and I was moved back against the head board. My heart pounded in my ears and I scowled at him as he hovered over me. Who does this guy think he is?? He barged into my room.. understandable to to extent, but he's still here and saying I owe him with threats?? He stood now, "Your bite hasn't fully healed so I suggest you behave." He moved then towards my window. I grunted as I tried to sit up again, "Just..who the hell are you?! What do you want from me?!" I scanned his demeanor, and for a moment I thought he wouldn't answer, but he did. "Calcifer," he replied in such a low slightly hesitant tone. I started to get up, but my lamp blinked off and as soon as it came back on he was gone. I sat back and looked at the ceiling. What was that all about?? My body ached all over and I stood still to shut my window and lock it. "No more of this...I will wake up tomorrow and everything will be fine," I breathed. "This is all just a bad dream..." I decided that this would be an even more logical approach to everything. Denial. Believing I was dreaming still. All of it. Even the accident I got into on my biking trail alone. Everything. I let a sigh escape my lips, as I sulked back into bed. I just managed to trick myself into thinking I got jumped by some random thugs on my way home and that flight or fight kicked in and I managed to escape alive. My heart rate slowed down and I became calm. Everything will be fine tomorrow...everything.