11. You're Invited

I couldn't believe how far I had spiraled into the rabbit hole. My tie was feeling tight even though it was loose enough for comfort. My palms were sweaty too, and I was possibly having an anxiety attack. "Don't show weakness here...if you do there will be more opposing you than going for you as King," Daniel said sharply into my ear as he gripped my arm. "Let him go," Jae growled as he glared at Daniel. "Can you two stop for once or at least for today??," I snapped. Daniel smirked and let go of my arm, "Spoken like a true King." He adjusted his tie and walked forward first into the gates of Wendy's prized mansion. It was a big beautiful mansion had took up a lot of land. Had a dark typical Adam's Family vibe which didn't surprise me she was a really creepy lady. Jae wore a tradition robe attire something he said fit his culture. It was red with a very cool pattern, I almost felt out dressed by how beautiful he looked. Aaron surprisingly looked his best too. He wore something pricey of course because he was one that was able to afford such things. He in fact wanted to buy my suit but I of course thought dipping my hand into my financial aid for college instead. But the suit in itself is in a good condition being a rental and all. And Daniel went for formal too which shocked me he seemed to love his leather jackets, boots, and tank top thing. "This.. Is going to suck I have no idea what to say to these people to convince them they need me..," I whispered to the three. "I guess you could spout out nonsense like most people who run for President..," Aaron joked. "No, it's much more than being diplomatic..," Daniel rolled his eyes. "Action is also needed definitely." Jae smiled at me, "Be kind, show them what you think from within." I breathed out nervously, "You all make it sound so easy..." They exchanged glances and all said at once, "It is." As soon as I walked in people were dressed fancily masks covering their faces. And I shuttered a little. "Just what I needed a masquerade banquet," I mumbled. "Don't people on movies usually die in these??," Aaron asked with a grin. A couple walked up to us and bowed graciously. "Mister Liam..I have heard of your wishes to become King of both Light and Dark Fae," the woman in the fancy looking red Bird feathered mask stated. "Haha, there hasn't been one of those in centuries too much bloodshed too much fear..," the male in a matching red Bird feathered mask stated. They both wore all red from head to toe. It was actually quite quite interesting. "Nice look Mr. and Mrs. Red, that happened to be my favorite color," Daniel grinned his sharp teeth showing. The couple laughed poshly at his statement. "It's so wonderful seeing such an interesting competition I believe the Queen will enjoy you three quite nicely, " Mrs. Red stated as she and her acquaintance bowed lightly and walked away. "You need to speak at times you wouldn't want them thinking I ran the show..," Daniel said as he glanced at me. "I know..I kind of froze up you know this isn't really my kind of thing, " I replied. "Well them pretend it is your livelihood for today.. Or maybe you and your wolf can warp your personality to become more interesting..," Daniel said. Jae shook his head, "That's not going to be good.. I wouldn't suggest it at all." I bit my lip, "Desperate times.." Daniel smirked, "Smart idea to listen to me. You need to be brave and fiesty to impress the people and Wendy." I took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly closing my eyes a moment. "...Maybe I can do this on my own after all..," I said quietly. Aaron nodded, "Besides, nothing against your wolf self but letting your wolf have a bit of control may not be the best idea here after all." Daniel scoffed his eyes glowing a little, "Guess I have to show by example.." His vibe changed completely, he seemed a little more approachable. We entered the mansion as most of the guests stared and whispered among themselves. As we walked up the stairway I saw Calcifer dressed formally standing next to Wendy. I grit my teeth but ignored them both. Wendy spotted us however and began making her way over to us. Her long black chik dress dragging a little behind her. "It's quite interesting to see you again..," Wendy smiled as she clung on to Calcifer. Wendy then glanced at Daniel her eyes widened slightly and her smile faded away a little. "..Daniel what a surprise," she said to him. Daniel smirked and grabbed my arm rather firmly, "Yes, it is quite a surprise indeed." Wendy glared at him then smiled at me, "So..I see that I must have been mistaken. It seems Daniel is the one that you have loved instead then?" Calcifer stared at me as if he wanted me to say no. I looked at Daniel then at Wendy, "Yes..aside from the fact that he has sworn alliance to me." I swallowed hard and wanted to avoid eye contact with her. Her eyes widened and her mouth twitched slightly she was angry. Calcifer looked hurt mostly by what I said, but right now I have to take a step forward.