Chapter 1: Rejection Sucks

I couldn’t believe this; I just got rejected by a guy I have known for my whole life. Who I thought felt the same way and for a seventeen year old girl this is a punch in the face. Right now I’m sitting on my bed with my other best friend, Brendon talking about everything.

“Austin, you had to know this was coming.” He said.

“Yeah but I didn’t think he would answer like that. I mean Brendon, you’ve been shot down before and I haven’t, hell I haven’t even had a boyfriend.”

“Haha yeah getting shot down isn’t the easiest to get over.”

“Yeah, I guess Cameron just isn’t into girls like me.”

Brendon’s brown eyebrows furrowing together, “I just couldn’t believe he asked you if you were joking. I mean even underneath all of the plaid shirts, sneakers, and torn up stained jeans there is a girl under there.” He says poking my side making me laugh.

“Yeah, whatever.”                                                                                                                                                                      “I don’t get what he said to me though, Are you kidding, you just aren’t my type.”  I continued. Brendon just rolled his eyes and quickly sat up on my bed once again eyebrows furrowing.

“Wait he said, you weren’t his type right?” He questioned.

“Yeah, why?” I said in a confused tone.

“Think about all of the girls he has dated before, think about; Kylie, Amanda, Jennifer, Jessica, Brittany and all of them. What did they all have in common?”

“They were all stuck up frilly makeup wearing bitches.” I say.

“No, that’s not it. They all were what you aren't."

"Oh thanks Bren, you always know how to spare someone’s feelings." I say sarcasm practically dripping from my words.

"Oh A just shut up and listen please. Amanda wore pink, skirts, dresses, and heels. Kylie wore pink, skirts, dresses, and heels. Jennifer wore pink, skirts, dresses, and heels. And what did Jessica wear."

"She wore pink, skirts, dresses, and heels all the shit that I have and never will wear, ever." I say as Brendon walked around my room walking back and forth in front of me.

"Look I know you're probably going to hate for doing this, but you have too, because as I know and you've just figured out rejection sucks. But if you still want Cam which I know you do, so don't lie. We're going to need some help from a girl or mildly gay boy to help you with this." He said gesturing towards my un-brushed hair, stained jeans, dirty shoes, and my t-shirt that had holes in it.

I rolled my eyes giving him the, I don't wanna do this look. "Yes you will I don't care if I have to tie you up and strap you to the top of my car if have to and trust I will do it." I laughed at him, He is so stupid if honestly thinks he can get me to do what I think he's thinking, I thought to myself.

 "Oh well good luck with that Bren. Anyways it's now 12:30 in the morning and I'm tired I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye Bren." I say pushing him out of my bedroom knowing he would walk himself out. I walked over to my dresser and take off my shirt revealing the sports bra underneath my shirt. I pull another t-shirt over my head after smelling a couple of them making sure the one I put on was clean. I kicked off my sneakers and jeans waving goodbye to Brendon from my window as he walked to his car. I walked over to the bed and climbed into it and slept.

Next Morning

As I got up from bed around eleven o'clock my phone went off the screen reading; text from Brendon. I open up my phone and the text reads;

Wakey, wakey I need you to meet me at Aiden's place today at noon. No ifs, ands, or buts. I have a plan!

I rolled my eyes, this will defiantly be interesting. Why I have to go to Aiden's is beyond me. Whatever Brendon was up to I really did want to deal with it.