Chapter 9 - New Job

Today is the first Bumblebee got to work with the military. Although they didn't do too much, they practiced all day long. Sometimes fighting one on one combat, and others they had target practice. Each one of those Bumblebee did great at, and everyone was surprised about that. Of course, no one knew he is really a giant alien robot, they only know him as a regular human who wanted to join the military, like everyone else there.

The first hour, it was hand on hand combat.

"C'mon guys! Try a little harder!" Bumblebee mocked, keeping his hands up in a defensive way.

The soldier he was fighting with growled, throwing Bumblebee a punch. But the scout caught it in an instant, spinning him around until tossing him to the ground.

The soldiers all cheered. No one had seen someone who could fight that well from the very beginning. But there was a few who questioned it all. Bumblebee looked like a human teen. Not someone who knows how to fight like a grown man.

"Mark, you're up," the general called, and Mark walked up and shook hands with Bee.

They got ready with their hands up in front of them, and the general called start, and the battle began.

Mark threw the first punch, which Bumblebee dodged. Mark simply spun back around and back kicked him, knocking the scout back a few inches. 
Bee help his abdomen where he had been kicking, and he glared at his opponent. 

"Finally. Someone I can fight." 

Mark smirked, throwing another kick. 

Bumblebee caught his foot in mid air and twisted him around, but Mark followed his movements, jumping with his one foot. He leaped in the air and held Bumblebee's torso with his leg, pulling him to the ground. 

With that, Mark jumped up and went to kick his side as he was down, but before he could, the general called to stop.

Bumblebee groaned as he stood up, but smiled as he looked at his opponent. "Nice job." He shook his hand.

"Same goes to you." Mark said. 

"Alright, take a short break and then you're expected at target practice," the general said, and everyone nodded. 

All of the soldiers gathered their water bottles and took a seat on the ground, panting heavily as they took a sip.

"You did well. . . Bee," one of the soldiers complimented. 

Bee is the name Bumblebee goes by. It would seem strange if his name was the same as an Earth bug. 

"Likewise, soldier."

"Where did you learn all of those moves?" Someone else adds.

"And why do you look like a teenager?"

"Why haven't you ever been in training before?"

All the questions began to pile up, and all of the soldiers circled up around Bumblebee, all glaring at him.

"Guys... there is a reason for-"

"Soldiers! Target practice. Now!" The general walked in, breaking up the gang. 

Bee sighed in relief, whipping sweat off his brow as he walked into the next training room.

They all aimed their guns at the red targets at the end of the room, narrowing their eyes in concentration. One by one, they all shot their weapons, and a loud cracking of bullets echoed through the room. The military was wearing ear muffins, though, and that protected their ears from the loud sound.

Bumblebee took 4 extra shots after the first, while the other soldiers were still loading up their guns, and he hit the target every time. 

When his comrades finally noticed, they all gaped at the target, until turning their attention to Bumblebee, right as he was loading up his gun once more and clicking off the safety. Before he could, the general walked up.

"Good job, son. Mind explaining how you did it?" He asked. 

"I have been practicing this kind of stuff since I was young. Um, I just aimed the gun to where it was right below the target, to calculate the pull back it gives." Bumblebee explained with a stutter.

The general nodded and allowed them all to continue. 

By the end of the day, Bumblebee was exhausted, and he stumbled into base without a word. Everyone else noticed it, and they watched as he crawled up the stairs and plopped down onto the couch. The kids weren't there, as it was night, and the base was quiet. Perfect for Bee to sleep.

No one was going to bother him. They all knew he was having a rough time in his new form, so they went back to their business. Arcee stopped by him, though, and lied a human blanket over top of him, which he in turn cuddled up with, smiling in his sleep.

***

Raf stayed awake a little while longer than he should have, typing on his computer, hoping to find a code, a address, or anything that could lead the autobots to Mech, or the decepticons. He wanted to help them so badly, and he used his hacking skills to do just that. 

He then remembered Bee had his first day of military training, and he smiled to himself. Gathering his phone in his hands, he went to Bumblebee's contact and opened the message app.

"I hope you had a good day with the military, Bee!" the young boy typed with a smile.

Nicole, at her house, had also done the same thing, telling him she was glad he found something he could do. She also encouraged him to be patient with himself, and that he was doing just fine and that he wasn't useless at all. Of course, Bumblebee is sleeping right now, but he will see the happy message when he wakes. 

Both the children lied down on their beds and went to sleep with a smile.