Story - Chapter 8

After Nurse Darby drove up to base and cleaned and took care of Bumblebee's wound, he thanked her and everyone requested that he tell them what happened during his mission.

He told them about the bag he was given, and the first hour that had nothing. He explained when he fell through the ground and hit his shoulder on something sharp, and how Starscream had been working some kind of mining expedition. Something Optimus didn't understand.

After being told this, Optimus hummed and left the room to research what he heard. He asked Bumblebee's exact location when he saw Starscream so he could scan the area, and maybe so he could find what he was looking for.

As they were waiting, a Decepticon signal came up, after Rafael spotted a photo of a cybertronian escape pod on the world wide web. Everyone turned to Ratchet for an answer, and all he did was shrug his shoulders.

"Ratchet, open the groundbridge." He began. "And come along, we might need a medic,"

"Am I able to come?" Bumblebee spoke up, glancing up to Optimus.

"No," Optimus said quickly, shaking his head and walking through the bridge with everyone else behind him. 

Bumblebee huffed, throwing his hands in the air with frustration and slouching down onto the yellow couch. 

"Don't worry, Bee. You don't need to be tall to be helpful," Raf tried to comfort the scout, but he simply faked a smile in return.

"You know, just like Cybertronians, us Humans have soldiers too. Have you considered joining our military?" Jack suggested, and Bee sat up with that and stared at Jack to see if he had anything else to say.

After he didn't say anything else, Bumblebee said, "I didn't think about that. . . how would that work?"

"Well I assume you would have to ask Agent Fowler first. But he might be able to get it where you can work here." He said, and Bumblebee smiled, making Rafael smile as well.

"Yeah! and Ratchet could probably help create some weapons you could use out in the field, so you don't have to stay here all the time and just watch." Raf added.

Bumblebee jumped with joy, leaping out of the chair as he did so. "That's great, guys!" He shouted with joy.

Raf giggled. "Here, I can call in Agent Fowler now."

"This is Agent Fowler," the agent said on the other side of the call line.

"Hi Fowler, it's Raf. I had a question."

The man on the other end sighed, rolling his hand down his face. "What is it?"

"As Bumblebee is stuck in his hologram form. . ." The boy glanced to his guardian. "Could he do anything military wise, here, at the base?"

"Let me get back to you on that," Agent Fowler ended the call.

As they waited for his call, a few minutes had passed and the Autobots soon called in for a groundbridge back to base. So, Bumblebee typed in the code -having to jump to each button- and switched the lever by jumping on it. He sighed, wiping sweat off of his brow after the small workout.

After everyone entered the base, someone else came along. But it wasn't Wheeljack, like the children thought it was, but another bot. An unknown bot to be exact.

"Everyone, this is Smokescreen." Optimus introduced. 

"Ooh!" Miko jumped out of her chair. "Someone new! We haven't someone new in forever!" She flew down each stair to meet up with the new Autobot.

He was about the height of Wheeljack, but he was colored blue, white and a hint of red. 

"What's your name? Where did you come from? Why is your symbol different than everyone else's?" Her questions flew through the comrades brain just like she had flew down the stairs. He scratched his head and looked to the others, who only shrugged their shoulders.

"It's nice to have another Autobots to help us out," Bumblebee mumbled, but Smokescreen heard and leaned over the railing to see the boy closer.

"What's your name?" He asked.

Bee frowned. "I'm Bumblebee." He then huffed and turned around.

"Bumblebee..? Isn't that your scout, sir?" Smokescreen turned to Optimus.

"He is." He replied, and Ratchet stepped up to explain what had happened.

Smokescreen apologized in an instant after learning what had happened, and Bumblebee only huffed, crossing his arms and looking away. 

Raf then got a call and Agent Fowler's face appeared. "Rafael, are you there?"

"I'm here! Did you find anything?"

"I did."

Bumblebee heard them speak, and he jumped out of his sulking position and rushed to the computer Raf was on. "What is it?" He almost shouted in excitement.

"The pentagon has been building guns to take down Decepticons, built by cybertronian metal, given to them by Optimus himself. Only a few were finished... But I asked If you could have one, and they agreed."

Bee pumped his fist in the air, inwardly cheering. 

"Bumblebee," Ratchet gained his attention. "I need you to drink this," and the medic handed him a small glass of blue liquid.

"What is it?" Bumblebee raised a brow.

"Energon. Your body as a human needs it just as much as it did as a cybertronian."

Bumblebee took it out of his hand in disgust. "You're not telling me I have to... do human business after I drink this, are you?"

Raf choked on his drink of water after hearing this, trying to hold back his laughter.

"No, Bumblebee, you will not," Ratchet had to keep from laughing as well. "It will work just like it did in your old body. Don't worry."

Bee sighed, taking a gulp of the think liquid. 

"Can I try it?" Raf asked as he walked up to the teen boy, and he went to hand it to him, but Ratchet stopped him.

"Ep, ep, ep, energon is not safe in human systems like it would be for Bumblebee in this... circumstance."

"Woah... this is surprisingly good," Bumblebee mumbled, taking another sip.

"It will also help you keep up your energon -along with taking a few sleeping periods."

"Good to hear that," the scout flopped down onto the couch, curling up into a ball. "I'm super tired..."

He opened his eyes a second later -everyone had already went back to what they were working on- realizing he should call Nicole. Just as he goes to call her, Raf walks up and covers him with a fluffy white blanket, who he thanks. He then dials Nicole's number and waits for her to answer.

"Hey, Nicole! How are you?" He asked.

He could hear a crash in the background, and a few voices shouting. 

"Hey, Bumble- HEY! Stop running around the house!"

Bumblebee rolled his eyes, knowing she was still babysitting. 

"I'm good," she finally replied, and Bumblebee smiled.

They talked for a few minutes more, mostly with Nicole being quiet and speedily, before Bumblebee hung up and fell right asleep.