12. PITY PARTY

1 MONTH BEFORE SUPERMAN'S ARRIVAL, PRESENT DAY

Lex's Perspective

"You know I really hate parties..." I sighed as Mercy bit her lip.

"I suggest you make some new friends, Mr Luthor."

"I don't have enough friends?" she looked at me and arched a eyebrow. I sighed once more.

"I get it. Now you go make yourself useful..." I leaned against the wall, a drink in hand as Mercy walked away. I had gotten used to the lifestyle of throwing a party every other night (yet another champagne problem) yet tonight I felt more annoyed by it. I felt more annoyed by the idea that for about a three hours and thirty five minutes I'd have to stand here and play nice when I could be doing something important. I could be saving the world or inventing something for Gods sake but where was I? what was I doing?

I was at my own party on a Saturday evening, bored to death. I used the thought of Andrea as some entertainment yet the idea of her slowly made me upset. I wanted to see her again. I wanted her to be happy... I wanted her to stand by me and be happy with me however she clearly did not want the same.

She hadn't spoken to me since I invited her to the woods. That happened a month ago...

"Oh Andrea. Why won't you return to me my darling?" I whispered to myself under my breath and closed my eyes. I stayed like that until a I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Excuse me, have we met before?" I opened my eyes. She didn't change much from what I could see. She was the last person I had expected to see. Honestly because I thought she was dead, yet, she was clearly alive and kicking.

"Ashley? Is that you?"

.
.
.
PART TWO : THE WOODS