11. ELLIOT

16 YEARS AGO

Alexander's Perspective

I gasped and began to pant as I woke up. I looked around myself quickly. Everything around me had changed except for one thing. Someone was staring down at me. I gasped again and tried to sit up, yet the person grabbed me by my shoulders and pushed me back down.

"You need rest." my eyes widened a little. I had never seen this person before and I didn't remember much of what happened, so I wasn't sure of their credibility. I began to breathe in and out heavily. The person had bags under their eyes and they were wearing a black hoodie...

"Why do people keep watching me while I sleep?" the person chuckled and rolled their eyes. "W-who are you?" the person leaned up. I could hear them sigh as I then sat up straight and turned towards the person. I quickly realized he was a man as he put his hood down.

"My name is Elliot. It's a pleasure to meet you Lex..." he chuckled again. I titled my head and looked at him closely.

"H-have we met before? How do you know my name? What happened?" Elliot sighed and shook his head.

"It's a very, very long story that I don't care to enlighten you on." I looked down at myself. I wasn't wearing my clothes. I was wearing a gray tee shirt, gray sweatpants, and a pair of white converse with some (very comfortable) white socks. I looked to him again.

"Who's clothes are these?"

"Their yours. Well, yours now." he sighed and got up. "I got those clothes just for you. I hope you like them." I did like them. They felt like the most comfortable clothes in the world and they made me feel warm and loved... More loved than my father made me feel anyway.

"Thank you." I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. He sat down in front of me again and nodded. He clasped his hands together.

"You're very welcome, Alexander." my eyes widened. Did he not know my new nickname? "Well, Lex. I heard they're calling you 'Lex' now. Whatever you prefer--" he did know my new nickname...

"Alex is fine. That's what Andrea calls me... I'm sorry, how do you know who I am? H-how is this even possible?" Elliot smirked.

"Look Alex, I'm the eye in the sky here. I live here." my eyes widened. I began to crawl backwards.     

"Y-you live here? Why?" he chuckled again. I stopped and observed him.

"Well, I guess I don't actually LIVE here but...I'm here quite often. Let's just say that. I'm a friend of Andrea's. I saved you."

"...Saved me from what?"

"You don't remember?" I shook my head.

"What's there to remember? W-what did I miss?" he put his hand on my shoulder. He opened his mouth to speak yet nothing came out. He slowly closed his mouth and looked to the ground. He shook his head.

"Nothing. You missed nothing."

"What happened?"

"It's nothing you need to remember."

"What happened? P-please tell me. I need to know." I suddenly stood. I looked down at him as he sighed.

"...One of your friends died." I gasped and plopped back down. I leaned closer towards him and put my hands on his cheeks.

"Please don't tell me it was Ashley. Or Andrea. Oh god, please don't say it was Andrea." Elliot frowned, almost seeming offended.

"It wasn't Andrea or Ashley. I wouldn't allow Andrea to get hurt, don't ever doubt me on that." he then swatted my hands away. I clasped my hands together and quickly nodded.