9. ACTS 1-3

WARNING : THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS INTENSE MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE, DEATH, MURDER AND MENTIONS OF THANTOPHOBIA (the fear of dying/death) PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE FAINT AT HEART OR IF YOU BELIEVE YOU COULD BE TRIGGERED BY ANY OF THESE THINGS !

ACT ONE: BREAKING

16 YEARS AGO

Alexander's Perspective

I yawned again. The entire group was surrounding Oliver as they whispered about the escape plan.

"Lex? You know what you're doing right?" Oliver questioned me as I nodded.

"Of...course."

"Are you sure? You seem a little rusty already--"

"Uhuh..." I smiled at him and nodded. "Don't worry Ollie, I got it." Oliver smiled at me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Oh Lex...Don't call me that." I nodded.

"Okay. Now, they should be coming soon so everyone get ready--" as Oliver whispered we could hear the main door at the front of the place slowly open. "Everyone! Go!" I gasped as the entire group then spread out and began to hide. I wasn't sure what to do, I must've been daydreaming again. Luckily for me Adrian then grabbed my arm and pulled me behind a bed.

As I began to breathe in and out heavily, Adrian covered my mouth. I looked at him and nodded. I looked around to see almost the entire group was hiding either under or behind beds except for Margo and Oliver. Oliver was sitting in plain sight, sitting Indian style a few feet away from the door. He seemed to be bait for whomever was walking in.

Margo, however, was hiding behind a door. The woman walked in and smiled at Oliver. I immediately recognized her as the woman whom warned me about my father's arrival. I could feel my heart begin to race. I wasn't completely aware of the plans...I only knew what I was supposed to do. Not what everyone else was supposed to do...

"Are you ready to leave Oliver? Where's your bags?" Oliver shrugged.

"Sorry Miss Eggsyolk. Not right now..." she tilted her head. As I pieced everything together and realized what Margo was about to do, I sighed. I felt bad for the woman already.

"W-what? What do you mean not right now?" Margo then cartwheeled towards the woman and pulled out a gun. I gasped as Margo then used the gun to smack the woman. The woman fell to the ground immediately. Margo laughed and turned towards Oliver.

"I missed this." I could see Oliver smirk. I looked at Adrian and raised a eyebrow as I noticed he was clenching his jaw and narrowing his eyes at them.

"Just like the old days." Margo then turned towards us.

"She's down! You all can come out!" Adrian quickly got up and walked towards them. I followed as the rest of the group came out of their hiding spots and walked towards Oliver and Margo. Oliver sighed.

"You guys don't have a lot of time. Go."

"You're not coming with?" Margo looked to him and tilted her head. He shook his head and smiled.

"I'm going home. I miss my family...It's been great hanging out with you guys..." I was slightly confused as I watched. Oliver had a family? If he did, why was he here? Was he here voluntarily? Elle then suddenly wrapped her arms around Oliver and hugged him. He chuckled and hugged her back. I wondered why no one else in the group hugged Oliver... Elle then pulled away and smiled at him.

"We'll miss you..." he smiled as she mumbled. I then looked over and watched as Ashley walked across the room and put on a backpack. I assumed it contained all of the materials we would need, such as food and first aid stuff. I didn't know a lot about survival, but from what I had heard apparently Ashley had heard a lot about surviving. I wonder where she learned it from...or who she learned it from... They must've been a very good teacher. She walked over to us, stood next to me and smiled.