1. ORPHAN'S ANNIVERSARY

2 MONTHS BEFORE SUPERMAN'S ARRIVAL, PRESENT TIME

Andrea's Perspective

"Glad you could make it. Mr. Luthor has been very excited to see you again..."

"Yeah. After all we both know he's not dedicated or excited for something if he's doesn't make you do most of the work for him..." I smirked as Mercy looked back at me, a look of mischief in her eyes as we walked through LexCorp.

"Miss Dud--"

"Please, Andrea."

"My apologies but I'd be more comfortable calling you by--"

"Andrea. Call. Me. Andrea." she stopped and turned towards me. It seemed that after a few minutes of walking we had reached our destination. We were a few feet away from Lex's office.I smirked some more and kept a bold look on my face as she spoke again.

"Andrea, helping Mr. Luthor is what I do best. I believe I have the appropriate skills to help, so I do help."

"Maybe he's just lazy." she rolled her eyes and turned back to the doors of his office. She opened the door, a calm expression on her face as she stepped in proudly.

"Mr. Luthor, Miss Andrea has arrived..."

"It's just Andrea." I growled a little under my breath as she sighed. I studied his movements closely as he looked over his shoulder. He smiled.

"Oh. What a pleasant surprise..." Mercy nodded a little before walking out of the room and closing the doors behind her. I sighed a little as he quickly walked closer towards me.

"So. This is where you work?"

"Mhm. Oh and by the way, my lips are a little chapped. Do you have any lip balm?" I looked down at myself and then looked at him again.

"No I don't. Sorry." he smirked as he was now very close to me.

"It's alright. I mean you might not have the actual stick of lip balm on you but I do know that you have some on your lips." he then put a hand on my cheek as I raised my eyebrows. "I guess I'll just have to make do." I gasped as he then kissed me passionately. I pulled away quickly and blushed in the slightest.

"Lex..." he put his hands on my waist and rubbed my sides. "Stop it."

"You know how I feel." he closed his eyes and pressed his forehead against mine.

"You know how I feel. We've talked about this."

"That was twelve years ago."

"THAT DOESN'T CHANGE WHAT YOU DID!" I suddenly yelled, pushing him off me and backing away. He sighed a little and took a step towards me.

"Andrea, please. Let's not do this right now, okay?"

"There's a reason why we haven't spoken to each other since you took me to the roof a few months ago..."

"Yeah. Because every time I speak to you nothing comes out of your mouth." he finally snapped. He sighed again and shook his head a little. He took a small step closer and tried again. "Andrea, all I ask of you is to try this again. We can take it slow if that's what you want. But either way, all I want is to be with you. And you know that so stop teasing me." he whispered.

I exhaled slowly and looked down. I shook my head a little. I inhaled and exhaled through my nose as I calmed myself down. He took a few steps closer and put his hands on my waist again.

"There we go..." he leaned over and began to leave small kisses behind my ear as he ran a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes and focused on not responding. After a few moments of this I put my hand on his chest and gently pushed him away.

"Don't think this means anything."

"Oh no Andrea, it does. This does mean something. Do you even know why I invited you here today? Why today's so important? Why today out of any other day in the year... Do you know what today is?"

"Thursday."

"Yes but also darling, today is the sixteenth anniversary of when I was ripped away from you and thrown into the orphanage. And do you know what that means?"

"I imagine it means something along the lines of a sad excuse for a pick up line."

"No darling." he chuckled a little and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "It means we have something to celebrate... Out living the past... I say this calls for dinner at my place."

"In your dreams."

"No darling, I believe I said at my place." I rolled my eyes.