6. ROOFTOPS & TRUST ISSUES

16 YEARS AGO.

Alexander's Perspective

"Can't I sleep? Just for once?" I could feel someone shaking me in my bed. I assumed it was Adrian, but I then looked to see that today it was Jack instead.

"No. Get up." I groaned again and pushed my head back.

"Why do I have to get up this time?"

"We're going on a trip." I raised a eyebrow.

"What do you mean a trip--"

"C'mon you guys." I gasped loudly and sat up as Margo suddenly appeared, hanging from the side of the top bunk.

"How long have you been up there for?"

''Since you've been asleep. You know you should really close your mouth when you sleep..." she then leaned up and disappeared again. I shook my head and sighed.

"Fine. Where are we going?" Jack smirked.

"Wait and see, birthday boy." Jack ruffled my hair then turned away. I sighed and pulled myself to the side of the bed. Then, my eyes widened.

"Wait...Jack?" I got up and walked to the end of the bed. I gasped under my breath as I could see he was now sitting on the top bunk.

"Yes?" I arched a eyebrow before responding.

"Today's my birthday?"

"It is April first isn't it?" he tilted his head and laughed.

"I-I think it is..."

"Well then. Happy birthday." he then jumped down and put his hand on my shoulder.

"How do you know my birthday?"

"Don't worry about it. Get ready. I've got something planned." I nodded slowly.

"Okay...W-when are we going?"

"Now." he slowly began to grin and grabbed onto my sleeve. I gasped a little as he began to walk quickly, dragging me along with him.

"W-where are we going?"

"To the rooftop of the orphanage. We're already late. If it wasn't for me you would've been left behind." he laughed again as I kept nodding.

"O-okay...W-where's the rooftop of the orphanage?"

"On the rooftop, redhead. Duh."

"Oh. Right." I nodded a little again.

.

.

.

author's note : I KNOW I KNOW THIS IS THE SHORTEST THING EVER DON'T WORRY CHILDREN A REALLY REALLY REALLY LONG CHAPTER IS COMING SOON