Chapter 3

Suguro had managed to bring Rin all the way back to his building, all the while making sure he stayed awake, listening to his mumbles of replies when he answered to whatever Suguro said.
He cleaned the blood of the half demon's face and made sure nothing was broken. Rin had a few bruises, but that seemed to be it. Suguro was still trying to figure out who those kids were, why they would attack Rin like that. There obviously was a reason, no one would just try to pick a fight with someone, even if the reason was as idiotic as a dare or just trying to prove someone could fight. Suguro just needed a reason.

By the time they got back, Rin was aware enough to stand if he leaned against something, which was either the wall or Suguro if he needed across the room.
He managed to change out of his school uniform and into sleepwear, which was a pair of sweatpants on a navy blue, long-sleeved shirt. Suguro told him to lay down and sleep until Yukio got there and he could look him over in the morning. It was surprising the younger twin wasn't there already, Suguro is sure he had been in the dorm room for at least an hour.

"Suguro?"

The name made the male look up from his phone, which he pulled out when he was sure Rin had fallen asleep. Apparently, he was wrong. Suguro used the bit of light from his phone and the dull light outside the window from the moon to see Rin, who was sitting up in his bed, his hair a mess. Suguro was faintly sure he saw a stuffed animal in his arms. A teddy bear? No, it was a panda, black and white. The male never saw it, so he wasn't sure where it had come from.

"Yeah, Okumura?" The other male said back, setting his phone on the desk next to him so he could use that light to see. He froze for a moment when he heard sniffling, and he had to squint his eyes to see that Rin was now crying. Suguro had no idea how to handle these situations, he's been told he wasn't the best with emotional care, so he avoided them. But, he couldn't really avoid this one.

Cautiously, the taller male made his way across the room and sat on the edge of the bed, eyeing Rin. He really didn't know what he should do. There was a lot he could, and there were many different outcomes. Before he could speak, Rin spoke first.
"It hurts."
Instantly, Suguro thought he looked something over that could possibly causing eternal damage and pain to Rin that could be hurting him, but he stopped himself before he could say something else. Rin's gaze was in his own hands, held out in front of him, palms up. They were shaking just a bit, as if Rin was pushing up against something heavy.

It looked like there were nails in his hands. Through the center of his palm, all the way through. Suguro almost grabbed Rin's hands, but the nails were gone. Must've been a trick of the light. Suguro glanced at the stuffed animal in Rin's lap, and chills went down his spine. Even in the dim light, that panda looked like it had human eyes, staring right at him. Again, a trick of the light.
"I don't want to do this," Rin mumbled, clenching his hands into fists and pulling them against his chest. Suguro was still confused. He really was mad at these things.

So, he did the only thing that came to mind; copying what he saw Shiemi do to Rin when he was upset. He carefully moved the now creepy panda away from Rin, before pulling Rin in for an awkward side hug. It was still something. Rin froze up, as if he had just realized Suguro was actually there on his bed. The other male thought about just pulling away and leaving Rin to his own, but the half-demon relaxed and started crying again, sniffling every few seconds, rubbing his eyes a bit too hard. It won't be a surprise if his eyes were red already. So, Suguro stayed until Rin calmed down, rubbing circles on his back. Once Rin had fallen silent again, he laid him back down on the bed, not noticing how the panda was now gone and went back to his previous spot to wait for Yukio.