Chapter 10

It has been over three weeks since that night. It's settled down, and being with Suguro caused Rin's attitude to brighten up once more, despite him still wearing his hoodie to hide the bandages. The cuts have yet to heal, Suguro still had to clean and rewrap them so they wouldn't get infected.

Yukio continued his classes after the one day off, though he kept it secret about what he was doing, exactly.

The two boys from the night Yukio revealed their origin was nowhere to be seen, nor the third that aided them when Rin was cut. Still, Suguro made sure Rin didn't get too far without him or someone else, which Rin complained about a few times. Really, Rin enjoyed the attention he was receiving. Especially the romantic affection.

Rin was now walking down the halls of the academy, a note in hand that gave him directions to another teacher Yukio wanted him to see, probably to talk about his grades again.

He was just a hall down from the classroom, his hoodie on and sword secured to his back. Suguro wanted to come, but he said he would be fine and wanted to walk alone.
He stopped when he heard shuffling coming from behind him, one ear twitching and his tail stiffening from where it was wrapped around his chest.
He looked around, even looking over his shoulder and turning his back towards the wall so nothing could sneak up on him. He didn't see anything or anyone. He could simply be hearing things, or it could be another student or teacher the hall over. That was all he could think about as he turned back and walked towards his destination, his pace just a bit faster than before.

Then, he was grabbed and yanked back, being spun around before landing on his chest on the floor. Rin yelped at the beginning, grunting and going limp went his world spun, due to his head hitting the marbled ground. Everything was blurry and unfocused, but he saw a pair of shoes in front of his line of vision, and two separate voices echoed into his ears.

Before he was completely in focus, he was yanked up from the ground, stumbling, arms flailing as his sword was ripped from him and the black strap fell to the floor. He yelped when he was pushed against a wall before he could fall again, a single hand to his chest.

"When is he going to get here? He said he'll meet us!" A frustrated voice hissed, but there was panic underneath it. Rin winced once he realized who the voice belonged to. It was one of the three from that night. His vision finally settled and the strength returned to him as he pushed the hand from his chest, only for his bangs to be grabbed and pulled, his head slamming back into the wall. Once again, he wobbled, and eventually slid down to the floor from nausea.

"God- this is going to get ruined again!" The same voice hissed, and he looked up to see they were also the two boys that first cornered him in the hall all those weeks ago. The blonde with shaved sides was the one holding his torn sword pack, held against his chest while a panicked expression settled onto his face. He had tan skin and purple tinted eyes that were flooded with dread. The other one was the one who he guessed slammed his head back. Black hair pulled into a bun that sat on top of his head. He had much darker skin and vibrant green eyes that complicated it, but a mix of panic and anger was in his expression.

"Misha- Misha, everything is going to be okay, we'll get them back, okay?" He said quickly, hurrying to the blonde's side and setting his hands on Misha's hips. Rin was even more confused, barely able to hold his head up straight with the burning pain through it.

The black haired male looked at Rin when he tried to stand, his face quickly changing to a hardened glare. He kneeled down in front of the demon and pushed his head back with a finger, making it thud against the wall again.
"Just stay down. It'll be easier for the both of us," he sighed, standing back up once Rin's head lolled forward.

"Keeta, wh-what if he wants it somewhere-"

"I'm not it, thanks," Rin groggily said, standing again. The pain from his head was ceasing and he tried standing back up, once again feeling his strength return.

Keeta, as Misha called him, sighed and swung his foot back, getting ready to kick him, but Rin grabbed his foot and twisted it, making Keeta fall to the ground. Rin stood up, tail unraveling and flicking dangerously behind him.
He turned to Misha, baring his teeth and glaring at him. Though, Misha looked scared and desperate, backing away from him. Rin faltered for a moment, brows furrowed in confusion at his behavior, but quickly snapped out of it when an arm wrapped around his neck from behind and yanked him back.

He growled and clawed at the arm, yelping when he was twisted and thrown to the floor. Before he fell, he caught himself with one hand, launching at himself back at Keeta with hands on his neck. Keeta's neck quickly grew red as he tried to get Rin off of him, using his own hands to try and choke Rin.

Rin wasn't going to be pushed around by them again.

"Get off of him!" Misha yelled, throwing the sword down and grabbing Rin's shoulder, yanking him from his shoulders and causing him to roll off of Keeta. Though, Rin instantly stood and grabbed Misha, pinning him against the wall with a hand around his throat and the other pulled back into a fist. Misha still looked scared, hands desperately clawing at the wrist around his neck.

Rin was still confused about why he was so scared when he was obviously the one wanting to put Rin down for some reason. Before he could do anything, the back of his hoodie was grabbed and he was yanked away. He was forced to turn around and stare down the barrel of a gun.

He froze, staring wide-eyed past the neck and to the fiery glare from Keeta. He lost his grip on Misha out of shock and the blonde retreated behind the other, both of their necks fading red.
"Don't ever touch him again," Keeta growled, his free arm moving back to hold Misha in place behind him, pushing Rin back against the wall with the gun pressed against his forehead.
"You should have just stayed down, Okumura," Keeta sighed.

Rin just glared at him.

"I'm the one supposed to kill him," a new voice came. It was darker, deeper, and it echoed as if the one it belonged to was in a cave. Rin glanced from Keeta, panting hard and eyes widening at who he saw. Well, what he saw.

"M-Miwa?" He stuttered, watching the short blonde stride over with a pitch blade knife in hand. His eyes widened more once the boy turned to him. Where Miwa's eyes were was instead two hollow holes with black fog emitting from them.
"Miwa isn't here at the moment," came the deep, echo voice. He was possessed, that much was obvious already.
"What the hell is going on," Rin growled, his confused, hard glare switching between Keeta and Miwa.

"Our deal is still on, right?" Misha piped up, staring wide-eyed at Miwa- the thing. It shook his head, almost as if it rolled its deepened eyes.
"What did I say before? I keep my promises," the demon inside Miwa growled. Keeta kept his stare at Rin, sighing before pulling the gun away, only to turn it in his hand and slap the butt of it across Rin's face, making his head snap to the side.

Rin recovered, a hand on his cheek as he stood straight, but froze once he felt the tip of the blade against his throat. He barely breathed, staring down at the demon embodying his friend.
"What do you want?" Rin asked, keeping his head back as far as the wall allowed so the knife didn't have a chance to pierce his skin.
"For you to die," came the blank reply, then it grinned and reeled the knife back. But before he could strike, there was a loud bang and. A bullet ran between the two of them, barely missing Rin's chest. All four of their head's shot towards the side, and Rin sighed in relief. Yukio was standing at one end of the hall, coat off and gun in hand, pointing right at Miwa.