Chapter 2

Suguro followed the path through the halls that lead out of the main building. He was aware that the twins had their own entire dorms, though be it abandoned. It made much more sense now that he was aware of who they were, but he found it unfair. Sure, percussions needed to be taken, but an entire building? Even for Yukio? That seemed a bit overdramatic. Even for Mephisto.

He paused when he heard a loud thud, coming from the hallway to his left that he was about to pass. It sounded as if someone was hitting a large bag or their own fist against the wall. Obviously, either arguing with themselves or someone that was with them. Suguro didn't think too much of it, he's seen and heard weirder things out of the kids there. He was about to just carry on, walk past the hall without a sparing glance, but a sharp cry made him stop and look down said hall right as it got into view. He was glad he did.

Two boys, one with short blonde hair that was shaved on the sides, another boy with long black hair in a bun on the top of his head. They both looked familiar, he had seen them around outside before between classes. The third person was the newly out demon, his classmate, Rin.
The blonde had him pinned up against the wall, which must've been the thudding he heard earlier, hand around his neck. Run was obviously struggling for air, he was slowly becoming limp against the wall. He made a movement to punch the blonde, but the other male reacted faster and kneed Rin in the stomach, as well as elbowing him in the nose. Hopefully, it wasn't broken.

"Hey!" Suguro finally yelled, changing directions and marching down the hall. Both boys finally look up, their matching narrowed eyes widening as soon as they saw the scene. They exchanged a quick look, before the blonde let Rin go, causing him to gasp for breath and fall to the ground. But, Suguro was much too fast, he was already near them by the time they tried to run off.

Suguro grabbed the ravenette's shoulder and turned him around, giving him a hard punch across the face that sent him falling to the ground. The blonde came at him, his own fist raised, but Suguro quickly dodged it and grabbed his wrist, twisting it his back and pushing up between his shoulder blades. He was so close to breaking the boy's wrist. Suguro leaned over his back, a scowl on his face.
"Don't hurt him," Suguro growled, pushing the blonde forward, making him fall to the ground.
"Ever again," he finished, and both boys scrambled to help each other up, running down the hall and out of sight.

Suguro signed, turning his attention down to Rin, quickly kneeling down when he remembered his state.
"Hey, Okumura, look at me," Suguro said, lifting Rin up so he was leaning against a wall rather than laying on the floor. Rin looked dazed, blood dripped from his nose and over his lip, his neck had a bruise and red marks from nails digging into his skin. He was out of it, but Suguro assumed he was as focused as he could get.
He snapped a few times in front of his face, earning a few blinks from him before his eyes shut and his head lolled forward.

Suguro sighed again, before grabbing his arms and pulling him up so they both stood. But, as expected, Rin just stumbled forward and fell against the taller boy's chest, mumbling something that wasn't understandable.
Suguro sighed, looking down at the mess of dark blue hair, sighing once more. He kept the smaller boy still, turning and kneeling in front of him so Rin fell again his back. Suguro grabbed his legs and stood, Rin now on his back, his head resting on his shoulder while his arms hung limply beside him. Suguro carried him, saying random things to get the slightest response from Rin to make sure he was awake, and ignoring the faint pink on his dark cheeks.