Chapter 11

“Let my brother go,” Yukio said sternly, for some odd reason only one of his guns in hand. Yukio’s hard stare turned to the two boys, who both looked scared and confused. He jerked his head to the side when he caught their stare, Keeta dropping the gun and changing it to Misha’s hand, pulling him as he ran towards Yukio, disappearing down a hall.

“Fools! You’ll never see them again!” The thing inside of Miwa shouted, his hand gripping tighter at the knife as he jerked it to press it back against the half demon’s throat. Rin huffed, looking at Yukio through the corners of his eyes.
“Move, or I’ll have to shoot you!” Yukio shouted, and the demon cackled.
“Shoot him now!” Rin yelled, gasping hen the knife was pressed to his skin, breaking it just a bit and making blood trickle down his throat.

“Shut it! I’ll kill you, right now!” The demon spat at him, making him wince, his breathing became labored with fear. If Miwa was possessed, could he have been the third that night he was pinned and cut? Were the sigil marks part of the plan?

Yukio shot again, his second warning fire, and it once again barley missed either of them as it wooshed past in the space between them. Then there was another voice. He could barely hear it, but it was familiar, no doubt.

“You trust me, RIn?” Yukio shouted, using one hand to hold his gun up and the other to take out one of his holy water containers.
“That's not even a question,Yukio!” Rin shouted back, hissing when the blade was turned so the side was press to his neck.
“Then run to Suguro, now!”

It only took RIn a second to switch his gaze down to the other side of the hall, where Suguro appeared, most likely hiding on the other side of the wall just seconds ago. Yukio ripped the top off of the canteen and threw it. It took all of Rin’s will power to jerk his body to the side, causing the blade to get a clean cut on his neck as he ran as fast as he could to Suguro. As soon as he was in reach, Suguro grabbed Rin and pulled him to is chest, falling to his knees and holding him as close as he could. He wrapped an arm around and used his hand to cover Rin’s cut on his neck, his other hand held out with his cross necklace tangled in his fingers.

He heard a pained, disoriented screech. Rin only squeezed his eyes closed, an arm over Suguro’s shoulders while his other hand was placed over Suguro’s helping him apply more pressure to the cut. He could hear him chanting. Reciting a verse that would hopefully get rid of the demon. Then it fell quiet. Rin slowly opened his eyes, just in time to see Suguro’s arm drop from the air and wrap around him to enclose him completely. Yukio was where he was, helping a wobbly Miwa stand.

“I-Im sorry, I caused this.” It was Miwa, the real Miwa. Not possessed Miwa. Rin sighed in relief slowly, grabbing Suguro’s hand and pulling it from his neck.
“It looks like it's just a graze,” Suguro said, not even caring his hand was stained in his lover’s blood, “It’ll heal fast.” Rin just nodded a little, unable to take his eyes from Yukio and Miwa as they talked quietly.  

After a few more moments, Miwa slowly trudged off, and Yukio went towards the pair on the floor. Soon enough, Suguro was standing with Rin, keeping a hold on him at his side. Yukio sighed and looked at the cut on Rin’s neck, sheathing his gun at his side.
“Let’s go, Nii-san, we need to wrap that,” Yukio said, running a hand through the elder brother’s hair, making him huff and roll his eyes.