Chapter 9

Rin’s eyes snapped open as soon as he felt it, hands fisting at the grass once he realized Suguro was kissing him. Kissing him.

The male pulled away after a moment when he realized Rin wasn't kissing back, and when he saw Rin’s shocked expression, he regretted his actions.

“Rin- I-” Suguro’s apology was caught off by a hand over his mouth, and his heart skipped a beat at the glare he received. He really had messed up, hadn't he?

Rin sat up, pushing Suguro away with his hand in the process. The brunette was on his knees while Rin crossed his legs, his eyes narrowed.

“Why did you kiss me?” He asked sternly, leaning a bit away from Suguro in an attempt to keep himself from submitting.

Suguro sighed and ran a hand through his hair, stumbling with his words, “I just- it was just impulsive-”  He was once again cut off by Rin standing up, which he followed very quickly. The bluenette was grabbed before he could walk off, and he winced in pain before Suguro realized what he was doing.

“Rin, don’t go,” Suguro pleaded, holding both of his arms with a tight enough grip to keep him still, but hopefully loose enough to not cause him pain.

“Why not?” Run mumbled, body stiff as he kept his head turned away, voice shaky and irritated. “Why-why did you kiss me?” He asked again, finally peaking up at the taller male through his bangs with a glare.

“I-I don't know,” Suguro stuttered, hardly being able to process what Rin had said. He was too focused of making sure Rin didn't get away from him. Again.

“Did you even mean it?” Rin growled, tail thrashing dangerously behind him as he tried to pull away. Suguro only tightened his grip on him and stared at him with shocked eyes.

“Rin, of course I meant it,” Suguro said sternly. Rin froze and stared at Suguro, his expression changed to one of worry.

“Rin, I care about you. I-I don't want you to ever be hurt, or leave your side. Rin, you…” Suguro trailed off, but progressively got Rin to relax and moved his hands to hold his waist, even though the half-demon kept his hands close to his own chest.

“Do-do you like me?” Run mumbled, his tail slowly downing to gentle sways close to the floor. Suguro scoffed a quick laugh, that made Rin flinch.

“Like you?” Suguro breathed, tugging Rin closer and tilting his head down so his forehead could rest against Rin’s, the only thing actually separating them being the boy’s balled hands.

“I like you alot. Ever since that day when Yukio had us train with the Bariyon, that incident. I started feeling something for you,” he nearly rambled, just glad that Rin was slowly putting his hands on Suguro’s shoulders.

“You mean it?” Run mumbled, sniffling back the tears that had collected again.

“I mean it.”

“I like you, too.”

Then they kissed again.