Chapter 4

Rin had fallen asleep shortly after his crying session and being held by Suguro, which he had found comforting at the time, but now it seemed odd.
His eyes fluttered opened once he heard a soft thud and click, signaling the door to his room had been opened and shut, someone either leaving or entering.
Rin brought up a hand from under the blanket, rubbing his red, tear dried eyes from the remaining of sleep.

He sat up and looked around the dimly lit room with narrowed eyes, his tail flicking curiously from under the blanket. Suguro was no where to be seen, so he assumed it was he who had left the room. Plus, the light peeking from the cracks around his door and mumbled voices he heard clarified it.
He pushed the blanket off himself sighing at the cold sir that he was now exposed to. Still, he stood from the bed, the stuffed panda falling to the floor. He only glanced at it before looking back to the door, tip toeing his way over. Once there, he out his palms agasint the door to steady himself, pressed his pointed ear to the frame.
Yukio was speaking with Suguro on the other side, but what they were saying was still muffled by the wood between them.

Then he looked up at the window that was on the other side of the room. He glanced to the door once more before carefully moving away, and towards the window. He looked through the clear glass and down at the ground, his breath barley fogging the glass. He hummed a bit, before unlocking it and pushing it open, the cold breeze from outside hitting him like a slap.
He sighed, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked at the trees, listening to the rustle of it from the wind, before turning around and sitting on the ledge, throwing a leg over, using his hands as support. Soon he was fully turned around, kegs outside, one hand on the ledge while the other gripped the window to keep him balance
He wanted to jump. Which obviously was a stupid idea, but he ignored the voice in his head that sounded like Yukio telling him to go back to bed, and the pain in his chest.

He pushed himself off the ledge, free falling a few stories, the wind clawing agasint his face and exposed chest as his shirt curled up. He landed on his feet before falling forward on his knees, the male hissing at the pain in his ankles, laying his head on the ground as he supported himself with his forearms. He sighed once the pain finally ceased, carefully standing back up. He looked uo towards the only opened window, then looked back again at the open area, and began to walk. He didn't know where too, he just walked. But broke out to a sprint when he heard footsteps behind him.

"Where you going, Okumura?!" He heard the familiar voice and urged himself to run faster, the the air once again ripping at his skin. He heard three pairs if footsteps from behind him, his tail lashing out dangerously behind him from the adrenaline. He stepped on something that made him trip, almost made him fall to the floor, but he caught himself and went to get back up to run again, but he was pushed back down and turned on his back.

"Get off of-" Rin yelled, but was cut off by a harsh punch in the chest. His breath caught and he gagged for air, coughing violently and thrashing once again when he was picked up and shoved to a nearby tree.
He let out a pained grunt, gasping for air once again when he was kneed in the stomach. His arms were held to the tree, and his legs were useless after both punches. Rin coughed more, spitting out blood onto one of the captors.
"Get off!" Rin yelled, sounding weak from his voice cracking at the end.

"Aww, the demon freak doesn't want to play right now," Another voice rang in his ears, making him struggle more to break from the one holding him back. A hard punch came across his face and he almost automatically went limp. He was thrown back to the ground and straddled, his hands being held above him with one hand while something slipped under his shirt. A blade. As the thought crossed his mind, the knife broke through the fabric of his shirt and tore it down the middle, exposing his chest to the cold once again.
"You forget, demon, we're all trained to put rouge freaks like you in their place," someone said, pressing the blade agasint his neck.

"He seems to have forgotten. Lets make sure he remembers," a nee voice said, taking the knife from the one straddling the demon. He moved off of Rin, and he didn't have enough time to struggle free before get was straddled by a smaller body, the blade pressed against his skin. He heaved a few heavy breaths, then opened his mouth to scream when the knife suddenly punctured his skin, but his mouth was quickly covered by a hand.
He let out muffled screams at each cut and slice on his chest, eyes tearing up at the pain. He stared up at the sky, the stars reflecting in his watered eyes.
He didn't know how long it was until he passed out.