Part Two: The Rebels

Un-edited!

Here is another chapter in the same week! YAY! Please vote+comment!

2094: Chapter Six

            I never had the chance to scream. I should’ve known better then to rest for a few moments, close to the elevator. I had let myself lie down, and eventually I just fell asleep, dreaming of nothing.

            I know I should’ve walked farther away, I had only gone around five kilometers before I had to sit down. It was actually quite stupid of me. A zombie could’ve came at any time, and I would’ve been sleeping with my guard down. But so far, the only place that I have seen zombies is in a valley, about a kilometer away from here. There were a lot of zombies there though. Maybe even hundreds.

            Four people come at me from one side, and I jump to my feet quickly taking in their appearances. They’re defiantly from Nova Vida. And they’re defiantly guards. I am not getting captured. I will not get captured.

            But in this moment, I don’t know what to do. Run away, or use my weapons to hurt them. Kill them. I have four bullets left. And there are four of them, but what if they have back up hiding somewhere.

            I do what I think is best. Run. My feet pounce from the ground and I bolt out of the little meadow I had stopped. Running straight for the trees, I make sure that I am able to use both of my weapons, if I have to. I won’t have to, I hope.

            The trees zoom past me, in one big blur, as my feet pound on the ground. It’s still daytime, but the sun is slowing creeping its way down. I can hear the other feet behind me, but they’re not super close. I guess they had orders to bring me in alive, since they aren’t shooting me. But they still could shoot me in the foot or something that would slow me down.

            My breath quickly leaves my lungs. I may be good with my strength, but I can only run fast, for a short amount of time. I stumble over an over grown tree root, and fall to my knees. My hands scrape across the ground, and I know I’ll have some new cuts on my hands and knees. And I know the jeans that I have been wearing are ripped.

            Me falling has given the guards a good advantage, and one of them catches up to me before I can get to my feet. This one is a girl with her tide neatly in a sharp looking bun. She lunges for me right when I am about to stand up, knocking all the air out of my lungs. I can’t breathe for a moment. But I am soon able to wriggle around so I am facing her. She still has a bonus because she is sitting on me.

            The woman tries to pull something out of her back pocket; my guess is that it is a tranquilizer that would knock me out faster then getting hit in the head. I can’t let that happen. She gets the sedative out quickly, almost plunging it into my skin, but I use my strength to an advantage and hit her in the face, making her eyes cloudy for a moment. I get to my knees and rip the needle out of her hands. The woman is still in a daze, so I stick the syringe from her and stick it in her neck. Before five seconds go by, she is knocked out on the ground. I look behind me and notice that the other guards are still behind me, but many others have joined them. There is probably ten now.

            I race to my feet, and continue running again. I had caught my breath for a few moments after I had knocked out that woman. So I can run a bit faster now. I look behind me and not that one of the guards had stopped to stay with the fallen woman. At least they don’t leave their people out to die. The scenery hasn’t changed yet. I’m still in a dark forest.

            Hopefully, I can get to a clearing soon, or at the least find a good hiding spot. I know I can’t run forever. But then again neither can the people chasing me. People. The guards behind me are just people. I’m a hybrid of them. How can I use that to my advantage? There has to be a way.