Chapter Four

YAY! Another chapter where everything is reveled! One more chapter after this, and we'll be at Part Two! And once we get to Part Two all the people who made charcters, will have their characters come in! Again this chapter is un-edited. So enjoy! Please vote and comment! :)

2094: Chapter 4

            White walls. White floor. White ceiling.

             An empty room. That’s all I see. No color. Just a blank room representing a blank page. There are no words on the page, for if there were words, there would be color. And if there were color, you would be able to see. But everyone is blind in blank room.

            Strong arms hold my body, effortlessly. Is that Eli? Did he not die? Is he still alive? These questions run through my mind, as I try to find answers for them.

            The lights switch off.

            I am in a heavy black cloud. Nothing to see. Nothing to hear. Just this heaviness in my whole body; so heavy that I cannot move. I can't remember how to open my eyes. Then I start to hear noises. The buzz of machines. The shuffling of feet near me. Quiet talking. I lie still. I strain to hear and make sense of it all. I have no idea. Where am I, and why? Next, I feel some light shining on my closed eyes - a pink glow. I struggle to open them. Success.

            I do not recognize where I am. And I do not remember how I got here. I am lost. Lost in a wicked life. I feel too vulnerable. Too exposed. Too weak.

            Looking around, I notice that I am defiantly in a hospital. But why? What happened? And where is Eli?

            “Stop looking so confused, Imogene,” a deep voice says over an intercom, bringing back the memories, I tried so hard to forget. Images flash through my mind. Salvatore. The wall. Eli getting shot. Xavier sticking a syringe in my neck. Fainting. White room. Everything goes black after that.

            “You worthless human being! Why did you kill Eli?” I scream at Xavier.

            He chuckles, heartlessly. “He did not have to die. If he had stayed in the town, and not have come with you, he would still be alive.”

            “Don’t you dare try and blame Eli’s death on me! You were the one to kill him! You shot him with your gun! Come out and show your face!” I am not sad about Eli’s death. I am only mad. Furious.

            Xavier opens up a door that I didn’t notice was there. He walks in with a smug smile on his face. “Here I am. Why did you have to speak to me face to face?”

            I glare at him. “I’d rather speak to a human being, than a radio,” I spit out.

            “Funny you say that now, even though you are not human,” he says giving me a thoughtful look, his hand placed under his chin.

            “If anybody is not human here, it’s you, you filthy animal,” I declare, ignoring his comment about me not being human.

            Xavier sighs. “Let me tell you a story Imogene, your opinion on me might change after you hear it.”

            “Doubtful,” I snap.

            He yet again lets out a sigh before starting his story. “There was once a world that I used to call home. It was beautiful,” he smiles to himself. “I had a wonderful sister named Rosa, and a great family. We lived in Spain, and you wouldn’t believe the architecture. Also, the technology was unbelievable. Did you know they actually had cars that moved at five hundred kilometers an hour? That’s almost the speed of a plane.”