Chapter Five

Un-edited!

2094: Chapter 5

            Tick-tock goes the invisible clock. It pounds its way inside my head needing to be heard. But they don’t tell you the time here. 

            The past few days have been terrible. Scientists have been taking bits of my blood for experiments. This has left me feeling drained for most of the day. They had just finished doing all of their tests. Kuro came in and told me that today is the day I save humanity.

            Or in other words, today is the day I die, and let the evil incorporation by the name of Nova Vida, take over the world.

            What a good way to leave this place...

            But I know I won’t leave Nova Vida by my death, because I have a plan. It’s not the best plan, since I haven’t had a great amount of time to think through it. But it is better then nothing.

            I am sitting in the room, which I had woken up in on my first day here. My knees are pulled up to my chest, and my eyes are on my knees. Not the comfiest position, but I like it.

            In my hand I hold a knife, it’s not super long, maybe the size of my hand. I had stolen it yesterday, or at least I think it was yesterday. I had taken from one of the tables they had on the side of the metal table I was on. I took it when no one was looking, and put it in my pants, which felt sort of awkward. I am also sort of scared that they have it on tape. And any second now there going to come and take it away. Maybe even put me in handcuffs.

            I hope not, because Kuro still thinks I am on her side for saving the world. Even though I am actually planning on leaving as soon as possible.

            In fact step one of my plan begins as soon as a guard comes through that door to take me away. I know there will only be one guard. They stopped sending to after they found out that I had agreed to be experimented on. Stupid choice on their side. I know for a fact that I’ll be able to take this guy down, because in the time that I wasn’t being experimented on or sleeping, Kuro had been telling me more on the science of myself. And I had learned how strong I actually am. I may not have that much technique yet, but that can be fixed if I make it out of here.

            When I make it out of here.

            I haven’t seen Xavier since my first day that I got to this wicked place. Maybe he had been because he killed Eli, but I feel like that is very unlikely.

            Eli. I have blocked my mind from thinking about him, but he still manages to break that wall, and pound back into my mind. I haven’t cried since that last day. Why should I? Eli wasn’t even a real person. He was a hybrid human. But then again so am I.

            My hand begins to sweat as I hold the knife, so it’s hidden between my legs. I’m pretty sure I am sweating all over. Actually, I’m positive that I’m sweating all over.

            The guard is going to come through my door soon. When he does I won’t move, until he comes all the way over, and then I’ll pounce.

            Now that I think about, step one of the plan is really risky. The rest of the plan is also really risky. But it has to be done.

            The first thing I did was look for an exit. That was difficult since I was being watched the whole time. The original plan had me escaping by going back into Salvatore, then digging a hole out from the wall. But that plan just sounded plain stupid. So I was over filled with joy when I noticed that the elevator had a top bottom with a picture a sun by it. That either means that I am going to my potential doom where I will boil by the sun, or it means that that’s where the real world is. I’m going with that latter.