Extra #3 - Matt's Background and the Vampire 2p FACE Family Origins

Start from the beginning

        "You do know that vampires hunt in this area at night, correct?"

        "Yes, I'm well aware."

        "Yet you still came out of your pathetic hole in the ground."

        "Yes, I did, and it's not a 'pathetic hole'."

        "Then what do you call it?"

        "It's more like a safety zone."

        The man raised an eyebrow at her before closing his eyes and shaking his head. He took another drag from his cigarette and blew it into a perfect circle above her head.

        "You're oblivious..."

        "Oblivious? To what?"

        He gave her a crooked smile and revealed one of his elongated canines. The tip of it poked over the top of his bottom lip. Charlotte gave him a blank look. He dropped the partial smile and gave her another questioning look.

        "You're not scared?"

        "No. I knew you were one. A typical human wouldn't just so happen to be out here at the same time as me. It was only a logical guess that you were a vampire."

        "You're... interesting..."

        "Am I?"

        "Oui... You haven't run from me yet, so you obviously think that you're brave and are trying to act like it." He moved in closer to her and sniffed by her neck. "You have a slight smell of fear, but it's not the usual overpowering stench I usually smell coming from your kind." He circled her next. "You care for your appearance, but don't mind getting dirty when necessary. You're apron has various stains on it, mainly from melted chocolate and flour. You work with pastries, but you have a strong smell of fresh bread."

        "And you smell of cigarettes and alcohol." She grabbed his arm and pulled him towards her, sniffing the air around his neck like he had done to her. "You also have a faint scent of roses."

        He pulled his arm away from her and backed up a few paces. She was definitely different from all the other women he had ever encountered. She wasn't scared to confront him, and she certainly had no issue with getting extremely close to him. It was a little off putting for him. He stomped his cigarette into the ground before turning on his heels, walking off back into the shadows.

        "Wait! Will I get to see you again?" she asked in the direction he had gone.

        "... Maybe..." he answered back.

~After Charlotte Had Three Years of Secret Meetings With François~

        "Are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself?" Isabelle, the wife of her next door neighbor Luke Castel, asked Charlotte as she carried in her newborn baby boy, Matthieu.

        "Yes, I'm sure."

        "You can always stay with Luke and I you know."

        "I know. I think I'll be okay on my own though."

        "Very well. We're right next door if you ever need anything."

        "Okay. Thank you Isabelle."

        "You're welcome Charlotte."

        Isabelle left Charlotte to be alone with Matthieu, and that's how it was for the next three years until the Castels brought you home. Matt was introduced to you immediately, and was completely taken by how tiny of a baby you were. He didn't know that you were the princess of humanity until he was about five years old, but that didn't matter to him. What did matter was that he had a potential new playmate. As few years passed, you and Matt had become best friends with him now being eleven and you being eight. The two of you were pretty adventurous and loved to climb things, especially the maple tree in his front yard. At the moment, the two of you were scouting out a good spot to place a tree house.