Chapter 1

In late September it was time for people to start planing for the Halloween parties. Everything had to be done early for the scary season.

But for others, like Felix, he had to focus on his work. He graduated in spring and now he will for real work at a bank. For some reason, Felix have always liked math and on banks it is really a lot of math. Economic have always been a interesting subject for him.

He lived right now in his childhood home with his parents. It was close enough to his work and he have promised to move when he get more money.

"Are you going on any parties this year?" his mother asked him and looked away from the tv.
"We'll see," Felix sighed. "I know Jane and Jacob will have two different parties so who knows who I go to."
"Must be hard to have so many friends that decide to have different parties," his mom joked a little with a smile.

Felix smiled back. He had planned to go to the both parties, if he can, if he doesn't get too drunk.
"It's really sad that you and PJ stopped be together," Felix's mom said and looked at a picture she had of them as kid on the shelf.

Felix mumbled a 'yeah', and stared at the commercial on tv like it was more interesting. He kind of hated when his parents brought up about PJ. Sure they were best friends but not anymore, can't they let go of it?

"I have no idea how he or how Miss Liguori is doing," his mother continued while he rolled his eyes when she didn't see it. "it's was really hard for her to move on after that car accident."
"Yeah," Felix said low and made a sigh.
"Oh well," she sighed. "perhaps they have it all good."

Perhaps PJ have stop being weird.
Felix still remember when PJ told about the voices. He still don't know where PJ got those ideas from but Felix believes that PJ said it for attention. Which is ridiculous of PJ to do but that is what Felix believed what happened. Did it for attention. The only sense reason.

The commercial on tv went away and the news came up. His mom took the remote control and turned up the volume.

"Good evening," the lady in the tv said and didn't smile. "after a month without any clues who the murderer is the police says it isn't over."

It had been murder around in the town they lived in. Not only one but two murder. It was last month it happened and the news on the tv didn't want to bring up anything but Felix had read on internet about people who wants to solve the case.

On one site people had heard, from police and witnesses, that the two who got murdered had died by a knife, not a pleasure way either since the victims had tried to run away but it made it harder for themselves. And more blood.

The lady got switched with a police man standing next to a ruined building there no one have used for years. One of those places they had found one of the victims.
"We want to warn everyone that the murderer is still free and sadly we haven't get enough witnesses or clues who this is.

This is why we want to warn everyone for the incoming next month. Around Halloween everyone is drunk and walk around in costumes so it can be a time when the murderer decide to take the next victim."

"So terrible," Felix's mom mumbled and Felix could only nod.
It is terrifying, the town they lived in wasn't too big and not too small. A rumour won't come very far but these things make the whole town talking about it.

"For those who are watching this," the police man said with a heavy sigh. "we want you to inform us if you know anything about this. This is the number you can call to."

A phone number went up and Felix sighed. If they think this town is a night town then they are wrong. Of course they don't have any witness since no heard anything. It happened so fast too. The victims hadn't even a chance to be calling missing before it was too late.

What is even scarier is that the victims was around in Felix's age. One was a man and the other one was a woman. But they had nothing in common, not even Felix have nothing in common with them except the age.

"You better be careful," his mom said and Felix turned to his mom. "the nights will soon get longer and it will be dark when you will come home."
"I have the car," Felix said to calm down his mother. "it takes 15 minutes from work to home. Maybe 20 if it's a lot of cars."

"But be even careful at work," his mom sighed again. "some can be crazy and make a terrorist attack."
"Now you're thinking too much," Felix said and got himself up. "do you want tea so you can think of something else?"

"Well," his mom said before she nodded with a smile. "okay, and I just want you to be safe."
"I'm careful," Felix said with a smile before he went in to the kitchen.

His dad had went to bed since he would up extra early. But if he was awake, he would say that mom was overreacting.

Felix started to make hot water while he looked out of his window. He doesn't feel any threat. But he can't help to think about PJ, that something happens to him. PJ lived on another street, closer to that building there they had find the victim. So maybe something happen to PJ?

What do you think? Good? Exciting? Fav or comment if you liked this chapter!