♦Awakening♦

Chapter 1

She laid on a large rigid rock. Asleep, oblivious to her surroundings. And as she opened her eyes, her heart beat began to accelerate. She gasped at what she saw. Tears beginning to cascade down her cheeks.

Her body was covered in bruises and deep gashes. When she touched her head, she looked down at her finger tips, covered in blood. So much blood, it made her nauseous. Her blood making a trail down the rocks and into the water.

Swallowing down her fear, she breathed in a deep shaky breath. Carefully, sitting up from the rock, the only thing keeping her above water. Small waves crashed into it, each bigger and more violent then the next. Endless water and ocean surround her, keeping her captive.

"N-no. This can-t be happening." A violent fit of coughs escape her lungs. She buckles over as water squirts out of her mouth. Then her lips begin to quiver.

I died

I'm positive I did

Her sister saw her jump. Her head clashed against those cliff rocks like a violent fight. Her body was torn apart by the water.

I became a part of the ocean.

Was she also not accepted here? Why couldn't she die?

"Why!" She yells at the top of her lungs. So forcefully that they begin to burn. Her hand clutches her chest when she begins having trouble breathing. She cries at the burning of salt water coating the inside of her throat.

"We're sorry." Her breathing stops at her throat as two transparent figures appear before her. She unconsciously takes a step back and slips on the rock, almost falling. Steadying herself she looks back at those figures, having no words. They're only faint outlines but she could see them. Their silhouettes flowing in sync with the water.

"Why are you sorry? Did... did you do this? Did you keep me alive? Why?" Her lips again begin to quiver, the urge to cry so strong, her eyes begin to water.

"We truly wanted to give you peace, grant you your wish... but to take ones life on purpose-"

"-is against the natural law. Therefore we decided, instead of punishing you a horrible horrible way, we gave you life-" she uncontrollably began shaking her head. Unable to believe their words.

"-you wanted to be one with the sea, you are now one with the sea. Not dead but living, a new life, a new beginning." To her, this was all a bad dream. She so desperately wanted this to be just a dream. She refused to be alive.

"This isn't what I wanted! I wanted death! I wanted to die!" Her foot slips on the wet rock, almost having her plummet into the water. She grabbed onto the rock with her hands, crying out at the burn she begins to feel. Looking down at her bloody hands and the rock, she couldn't help but believe that all this, in fact, was real.

"You would have gotten that but there would be no peace. You would have wandered in darkness for eternity."

She looks back at them, "Isn't this the same? Alive but in isolation? Wandering a sea of the unknown?"

"It was the better option. We are sorry once again-"

"But there is so much beauty here! So much yet to discover-"