♦ Pack ♦

I still don't know who is playing Vadik but here's Tristen played by Justin Morgan

Chapter 4

Tristen and his team arrive with the boys in front of them. Both of them look unharmed the only difference is Louis is wrapped around in a towel soaking wet.

"Alpha! There was a mermaid!" Louis declares. Dustin, his older brother, gives him a look but nods.

"Yeah there was Alpha. It was weird."

What is that smell?

I walk over to Louis and I dry his hair with the towel. The smell lingers most on him. "Did you touch this mermaid Louis?"

He nods but with his eyes shut closed. "She was scary underwater. I didn't mean to push her away. I know she tried to help me. When I looked back she was dragged underwater. Do you think she got hurt Alpha?"

"I'm sure she is just fine. Were there others?"

"Yeah they were bad mermaids though. Really scary and with big teeth and claws and their scales were pointy. They don't look that scary above water though! They look pretty."

"The one that helped us had powers Alpha. It was... I don't know... the others didn't have powers or at least if they did they didn't use them. They tried taking us though so wouldn't they use their powers? Do you think they can be a threat to our pack since we run these waters?" Dustin is worried. He babbles when he's worried.

"We're going to look into it. Go find your mom, the both of you, she's frightened." I ruffle his hair.

"Yes Alpha!" They run off into the house.

"A mermaid huh?" Tristen pats my shoulder. I look down at my hand that's shooting bits of electricity up my arm.

"Vadik, you good?"

I fist my hand and look at him, "yes I am."

"What are we going to do? Should we leave this situation alone?"

"If more of those human workers go missing, the human world will come knocking at our door... we could use rogues to man the ships. They're expendable and not part of our pack. Instead of fighting them we could use them for our benefit."

Tristen snaps his fingers at my idea, "we can give them shelter by the ports in return for their services. Shelter and food?" I give him a look, "or not? Yeah just shelter."

"Make a meeting with their head for this afternoon. You and I will go."

"Shouldn't we take others?"

I smirk, "come now Tristen, are you afraid of a few mutts?"

He frowns, "It's not even that Vadik, I'm just being cautious as your beta."

"And I appreciate that, but this matter doesn't require assistance. Besides the more of us they see, the more threatened they'll feel."

"True, okay I'll make the call." He whips out his phone and begins to slowly walk away. 

"Make it for 5 in the afternoon." I call out to him before he gets out of earshot. It's currently 3 in the afternoon so I'll have plenty of time to finish some Alpha work I have at home.

"Um Alpha? Sir? Will you be going back to your office? Will you need me for the rest of the day?" Natasha timidly asks.

"No, you're free to go. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

Her eyebrows shoot up and she smiles, "does that mean I got the job?" I give her a smirk and then I walk away while hearing her cheer.

I walk to my pack house since it's close enough to not need a car. That's one of the many things I enjoy about my territory. It's vast yes, but everything is mostly located by the shore and the harbor. The pack house is the only thing furthest from the harbor. As I walk there I pass an area where the tide hits be most. The breeze of the ocean congregates around this area and the smell of blood fills my nostrils. The first thought that comes to mind is the mermaid Louis mentioned.

For what reason am I still thinking about her? I don't have a clue. But then my mind drifts of to two holy words, my soulmate.

That thought is impossible for the sole reason that a werewolf can only be mates with another werewolf. In all of our history there's never been a case where a werewolf was paired with any other creature.

I have yet to find my mate but I don't dwell on the subject. If it's fated to find my soulmate I will in due time. There's no need to hurry the search because the moon goddess already has a plan for all of us. That's a very child-like way to think but it's true.

Upon arrival in the pack house there's no one around. They're all still gathered in the park. The pack house is fairly large, holds almost all of us. I live on the very top floor and Tristen lives with me. The floors below ours are the living spaces for the rest. The families that wanted their own place live in the houses surrounding the pack house. We're like a gated community, the children,up until they're able to control their abilities, are homeschooled and the others that have that down go to a public school a few miles into town.

My office is located on the first floor for anyone to have easy access to me for any problems they may have.

Once I'm inside the house I hear noise in the kitchen followed by footsteps coming my way. "Oh hello Alpha!" Diana greets me. She's Tristan's sister and about to graduate high school.

"Diana, why didn't you go with everyone to the lunch?"

"Oh, finals are coming up so I've been studying while eating snacks here and there." She offers me a chip from her bag of chips so I take it.

"Did you get your acceptance letters already?"

"Yeah I did... I've been meaning to talk to you about that. So like I got into U Penn but it's out of state. My brother wanted me to stay close to the pack but I want to try to live on my own and be independent. I would have housing over there and there's this program I really want to try out."

"Are you asking my permission to leave?"

"Yeah?" She bites her lip and looks down at the floor.

"If you want to do this then go ahead. I will not stop you-" her face brightens up and she smiles at me, "-But you need to talk to your brother." Her smile drops instantly.

"Yeah I know. Thank you Alpha." She bows and leaves the hallway.

The rest of my day is spent in my office dealing with emails from the council and contracts for new territories as well as new allies. It's a painfully long and boring process that I've come to deal with. I used to hate doing this when my father made me help him. But now here I am, he's retired, enjoying life with my mother and I'm the Alpha in charge now.

"Yo you ready to go?" I look up from my papers and give Tristen a curious gaze. I look over to my clock and I run my fingers through my hair. Where does time go?

"Yes lets go."

-

Okay Is it just me or was this chapter boring? If it was sorry It'll get juicy I just need to you know write plot. Some back story here and there from both characters except the mermaid bc for right now she's a mystery hehe.

Anyways!... hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hella short but well I didn't want to write the rogue scene because that's next chapter in someone else's POV mwuahaha. Wow I talk too much... alrigt yeah have a great day/night and happy holidays!!!