Chapter twenty-nine

I wake with a jolt, the same nightmare that has haunting me already twice plays over in my mind.

I jump out of bed quickly before taking another quick shower. I get ready and grab my bag about to begin my walk before I realize who I know will be waiting for me.

I sit  back on my bed and wait for everyone else to get up.

We make our way down to breakfast in our usual group.

We sit in our normal arrangements except now Ginny and George had switched spots.

I felt kind of bad that he didn't want to sit by me, but then I remember that he probably thinks I don't want to sit by him.

I eat my breakfast in silence, only talking when someone talks to me. I again feel eyes burning into me, I decide that I can't ignore him forever, so I turn around at the Slytherin table.

Except Draco wasn't there. The one who was staring me down was Pansy.

I grin a little and turn back around.

Where was Draco?

-----

All of my classes that day were just reviews of what we had learned in the months before.

I dreaded going to potions just because I knew somehow Draco was going to get me to talk to him.

But when I walk in and sit down next to Harry, Draco wasn't there either.

He was probably getting the Dark Mark on his arm right about now.

I think to myself as I turn back around. Professor Snape had us writing an essay about the few potions we had learned to make in the months before that I finished quickly.

Harry sent me an annoyed glance and I smiled back at him causing him to smile as well.

After turning our papers into Snape we all begin making our way back to the commons room.

I walk next to Harry with Hermione and Ron behind us.

I instinctively turn to look behind us to see George looking off to the distance somewhere, as I hear Fred talking to him.

"C'mon George you don't want to do this!" Fred says quickly and I slow down walking.

"Yes I do Fred. I have too." George says quietly as he walks away from his brother. I see him walk up to a crowd of Slytherins before I hear him begin to yell.

"So Is that it Malfoy? Is that all you wanted to do? To get Elizabeth close to you so you can jeopardize her life as well? To get her killed just like your family got her father killed?!" People start gathering around the tall red head.

I instantly begin walking towards them.

When I can finally see what's going on I see that it is in fact Draco that he was talking too.

"Shut your fucking mouth Weasley!" Draco yells back.

"No! I won't because you know it's true! You don't give a shit about her! You're just trying to recruit people to die for you! You're going to be the reason why she dies next!" George yells but before he could finish Draco punches him in the nose.

George brings his hands up to suppress the bleeding that was already severe. I start to run towards Draco, trying to get through the crowd of people.

George stables himself and hits Draco in the stomach. Draco doubles over and then stands up straight as if it didn't phase him.

George quickly hits Draco again in the nose making both of the bottom of their faces covered in blood.

Draco takes another swing at George and hits him in the jaw and that's when George stumbles backwards.

I reach the edge of people and run up to George.

As I reach him, Fred and Harry come up from each side of him and holds him back. I turn to Draco, with his wand out he's walking towards where Harry and Fred are holding George back.

I walk up and put both hands on his chest pushing him back.

"Draco stop. It's not worth getting in trouble just stop." He looks past me and says

"Did you hear what he said about you? I can't let him get away with that. I need you to move." He looks down at me and takes my hands off his chest.

"No Draco! Come on." I take his hand and start pulling him away from George.

He pulls his hand out of mine and starts towards George who was fighting against Harry and Fred.

"Draco! Please!" I yell and run back towards him, just as George breaks free of his restraints, taking his wand out as well. Draco aims his wand towards George, when I run in between them putting my both my hands up, one to each of them.

"Stop!" I yell looking back and forth between the two bloody faces.

"I'm sick of this shit! Don't make me have to choose between both of you because I will choose neither!" I yell and Draco looks down at me as he begins to lower back to his side.

I feel tears begin to fill my eyes and I drop my hands.

I look at George who's face lightens from his anger as he looks down at me.

I turn to Draco and slowly drop my hands as I hear Professor Snape speak, "Mr. Malfoy and Mr. Weasley in my office. Now." Snape said as he turned away from us.

I was still looking into Draco's gray eyes as a tear fell from mine.

"Elizabeth.."

He reached for my hand and I pulled away. I turn and walk away from both of them as I hear Hermione calling after me. I keep walking, my feet slowly picking up speed until I make my way into an empty classroom.

I close the door behind me and fall against it. I let a few more tears fall from my eyes as I let out silent sobs.

I sit there in silence for what seemed like hours before I hear a knock on the door.
I was just about to respond with 'go away' before I realized it could be a teacher.

I stand up and open the door slowly to see Harry.

"Hey are you okay? I just wanted to check on you." He says. I nod and we make our way out of the classroom and back towards the common room.

"What did Snape do to George and Draco?" I asked looking down as I wipe the tears from my face.

"He gave them both detention for the next two weeks." He responds.

"Oh." Is all I could think to say.

We make our way back to the Gryffindor common room in silence.

Ascending the last flight of stairs to the common room, I look up to see one of the two people I least want to see right now.

As if sensing my eyes on him, Draco looks up at finds my eyes. They instantly soften as he takes a few steps towards me.

As me and Harry approach the fat lady portrait, Draco begins to speak.

"Elizabeth, I'm sorry I just didn't know what to d-" he says before I interrupt him.

"No Draco. I can't be around either of you without the other one bearing all arms ready for a fight. I'm not going to choose Draco. I'm done with it." I tell him and he begins to apologize again before Harry speaks up.

"Just come on Elizabeth" he says turning away from Draco to the fat lady and pushing me lightly towards the door.

"Get your hands off of her Potter!" Draco snarls. Harry tuns back to Draco and responds in a calm tone.

"I think you should leave Malfoy."
Draco turns his attention back to me.

"Elizabeth. Please don't do this." He says with pleading eyes as his shoulders drop the slightest bit. I turn away from his eyes before speaking.

"Goodnight Draco." Is all I say as I follow Harry into the Gryffindor common room.

make you miss me (d. m.) {under reconstruction}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें