Chapter ten

The next morning I wake up to the sound of thunder.

I look up at the clock to see that I was up an hour earlier than normal.

I groan and fall back onto my pillow. After laying there for about five more minutes I get up and start getting ready.

I was still forty-five minutes early.

Deciding I would just take a walk around the grounds until breakfast, I write a small note to Hermione so she wouldn't worry about me.

Dear Hermione,
I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to take a walk. I'll see you guys at breakfast.
-Elizabeth

I lay the note on my pillow and grab my bag.

I quietly make my way down the stairs and out of the Gryffindor common room.

It was still raining so I take the long way around to the great hall.

All of the corridors were deserted, which was odd because I figured some of the teachers would already be up.

I walk for about ten straight minutes without seeing anyone until I come across someone sitting on one of the benches with their hood on, their head in there hands.

I slow down a little hoping that they will eventually hear me coming so I wouldn't startle them.

I get about five feet away before they bring their head up quickly, their hood falling down.

"What do you wa-" He begins before stopping. "What are you doing out here." Draco asks, sitting up.

"Well I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." I say, sitting down next to him on the bench.

"Shouldn't you be walking then?" He says in a sarcastic tone and I cross my arms.

"What is your problem?" I ask causing him to look away from me.

"Last night at supper, shooting me those looks before storming out of the hall? What's that all about Draco?" I question him, and he shakes his head still not looking at me.

"You know what? It doesn't even matter. You can be a dick for all I care." I say, quickly getting up and turning to walk away.

"So what, you and that blood traitor Weasley are dating now?" He yells at me, standing up and I whirl around to face him.

"What are you even talking about?" I yell back. "Just because we kissed and he gave my his jacket, you think we're dating?" I question him, before laughing sarcastically.

"What does it even matter to you Draco?" I ask him quietly, trying to calm down.

He looks back away from me, shaking his head.

"I just don't want to see a pure blood go to waste." He says quietly before picking up his jacket and walking away from the great hall.

I watch him walk away until I can't see him anymore and feel the anger rising back inside me.

I kept wondering which pure blood he meant.

Was he talking about George going to waste or me? And if he was talking about me, how did he know I was a pure blood.

I sat back down, still trying to figure out what he meant.

He couldn't have been meaning me because there is no way he knows I'm a pure blood.

The only person I've told is Harry and there is no way he would tell Draco.

When the others arrive to breakfast, they all eat and chat while I stay quiet.

Only speaking if someone speaks to me.

"Hey are you okay?" George asks and I nod and proceed to tell him I'm just tired.

After eating me and George walk to Herbology.

We sit down in our normal seats, getting there like always before almost everyone else.

"Hey Elizabeth?" He says and I look up at him.

"Yeah?" I respond, already knowing what he was going to say.

"I just figured we should talk about the kiss yesterday." He says, I nod and before I could respond he speaks.

"Well I was just going to ask if you would be my girlfriend? I mean I understand if you think it's too soon but I was jus-" he says and I interrupt him.

"Yes. I'll be you're girlfriend." I say with a smile.

And with that answer, the whole conversation with Draco this morning left my mind. He smiles back at me.

"Awesome." He laughs as Professor Sprout walks in and begins talking.

I turn to face the teacher and couldn't help but smile.