Chapter fourteen

"Elizabeth if you don't wake up right now I'm leaving you!" I hear someone yell at me as they shake my shoulder.

"Okay okay! I'm up!" I yell back sitting up.
Hermione was standing in front of me with a very angry look on her face. She turns and storms out of the room.

What's her problem? I look up at the clock and notice her problem. I had overslept.

I had 15 minutes to get ready and be down at breakfast.

I jump up and throw on some clothes before grabbing my bag and jacket and running down into the common room.

I reach my friends who were sitting around the fire again.

They all turn to look at me.

"I overslept. Sorry." I say.

"I can imagine why. You got in at like what? Midnight last night?" Harry says and I look at him in disbelief.

George looks at me questioningly and I shrug my shoulders.

"I went for a walk. I couldn't fall asleep." I turn to Harry.

"How did you know?" I ask trying not to sound to worried about his answer.

"Oh, my invisibility cloak. I saw you and you tripped on my foot." I look at him and the seven year old inside me comes to life.

A real invisibility cloak?

My mind instantly goes to the tale of the three brothers my mom always used to tell me.

I shake my head, reminding myself that they aren't real. I laugh.

"Oh. Yeah you scared me pretty badly." I say.

"Should we go then?" Fred says and we all make our way out of the common room.

I walk next to Hermione with George and Fred behind us.

Hermione starts slowing down her steps to where we soon are walking behind everyone else.

"Okay so where were you really?" Hermione says looking over at me.

I knew I couldn't lie to her, she knows I take walks in the morning, not at night. I sign as I begin.

"Draco asked me to meet him on the seventh floor." She gives a little gasp.

"And you went?" She says, sounding alarmed.

"Yes I went. He said something to me and I wanted to know what he meant by it." I say looking down as the thought of his lips on mine reappear in my brain.

"Okay? And what else happened?" She says and I stop.

I look at her debating on telling her or not.

I know she wouldn't tell anyone, but she would lecture me on how it was wrong and how I shouldn't fall for Draco.

I decide to tell her. Motioning for her to keep walking, I begin.

"He was talking about how he thinks I am only dating George because I'm looking to distract myself from Draco." I say and she rolls her eyes.

"He was talking about pure bloods and then" I hesitate, "he kissed me." She looks up at me.

"He kissed you?!" She yells and I go to cover her mouth but it was too late.

Harry, Ron, Fred and George were already turned around, looking at us.

I widen my eyes at Hermione and her's fill with sympathy.

"Someone kissed you?" I hear George say next to me.

I drop my hand from Hermione's mouth and turn to look at him.

I was lost for words. This isn't how I was going to tell him, even if I was going to tell him.

"Y-yes" I say and he furrows his eyebrows together, obviously confused.

"Why didn't you tell me? Who was it?" He says and I again don't know what to say.

"I was going to tell you, I just didn't know how or when too." I stumble on my words.

"Well maybe after it happened would have been nice." He says, sounding angry.

"Who was it? Who kissed you?" He asks me and I know as soon as he knows who it was, it will make it a lot worse.

"Draco." I say and three people respond with 'what?'.

I look around to see Harry, Ron and Fred with their mouths hanging open.

I look up at George who's eyes are full of anger.

"So what did you do?" He asks and I knew then it was over.

"I-I let him." I say, afraid to meet his eyes again.
I knew I was in the wrong but I couldn't bring myself to regret it.

"So who are you dating Elizabeth?" He says loudly. "Are you dating me or Draco? Who do you want to be with me or Draco?" He says throwing one of his hands up.

"I-I..don't know George." I say quietly, feeling my eyes well up with tears.

I look down, not wanting anyone except George to know what I just said.

"Well you need to figure that out Elizabeth. I'm sorry but I'm not going to be with you if you don't know what you want."

He says and the tears start to fall. He turns around and starts walking away from me.

Fred follows him, and Ron goes after them both sending me a sympathetic look.

I'm left with Harry and Hermione. Hermione, who seems still shocked from what just happened, didn't move.

Harry walked over to me and hugged me. I just put my head against his chest and let the silent tears fall.

He pulled back after a minute and grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the great hall. Hermione followed after us in silence.

She probably felt guilty for shouting it out like that but at least he knows now.

We walk into the great hall together to see a small crowd of Slytherins and Gryffindors crowded around a table.

I start to walk towards the crowd but Hermione pulls me away. Harry starts walking towards the crowd.

I sit down noticing Ron, Fred and George were no where to be seen.

They were probably in the crowd. A few minutes later Ron, Fred, George, and Harry stumble back to the table.

Ron and the twins sit down on the other side of the table, quietly talking to each other.

I look over at Harry who was watching them too.

"What happened?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"George asked Malfoy about kissing you."
I instantly look back at the Slytherin table to see Draco already looking at me.

He was wearing a proud grin as he looked away from me. 

"Malfoy was being a jerk about it of course. George got mad. They almost fought." Harry says turning around to face his food.

I look down at my plate. Trying to forget everything that happened within the past twenty minutes.