Chapter twenty-one

Soon a house appears a distance in front of me.

I turn to look at Narcissa and she starts walking towards the house, with Draco.

I follow after Draco at a slow pace.

When we finally reach the door, Narcissa opens the door and walks in.

Draco holds open the door for me and I thank him quietly.

Just as he closes it behind me, I hear my name being called, along with Narcissa's.

"Narcissa? Elizabeth?" My mom calls before walking into sight. She rushes over to me and hugs me.

"Oh sweetie. I missed you so much! How has school been? How was the dance?" She asks me and I feel a slight pain in my chest.

"It was fun." I say glancing over at Draco he had his eyes on the ground.

"Well that's wonderful. We can talk about this later but now we need to get to their vacation home." She says motioning to the fireplace.

"Your father and Mr. Malfoy are already there. You and Draco can go ahead of us and go. I still need to pack a few things."

Says my mother before pushing me towards the fire place. Draco steps into the fireplace and pulls his trunk in after him.

"But I don't know where to go." I tell my mother and she points to Draco. I turn to see his hand extended to me.

I step in the fireplace and bring my trunk along with me.

Without looking at him I take him hand as he says our destination.

I see a flash of green and feel movement between us both.

I open my eyes and see a very large, black and white living room.

All of the furniture was black and the walls were white. Draco steps out of the fireplace and I follow him, dropping his hand.

"I'll show you to your room." He says and I follow him up the wide staircase and into a hallway.

"This is your room." He says opening a door on the left side of the hallway.

The room inside was almost as big as the living room down stairs.

It had a dark wood, four post bed, and matching dresser with mirror.

The bed was against the right wall and was centered in the middle of the wall.

There was a chandelier hanging from the ceiling and I felt my heart stop.

"I hope this will do." He says walking into the room.

"I didn't have to get the suite. You could have given it to my parents." I say still admiring the room as I set my trunk down on the smooth wooden floor.

"This is the Princess Suite. Your parents have the King Suite." He says turning to look at me.

I instantly think of the dance, and remember when he called me his Gryffindor Princess.

He motions towards the door on the opposite side of the bed.

"There's the restroom, there's a closet built in if you would like to use it." He says turning to walk towards the door.

I sit down on the bed and when he reaches the door he stops, turning to face me.

"Elizabeth, I don't want us to act like this the entire break. If you would just please let me explain-" he begins and I stand up.

"No Draco. There is nothing that you can say to make me believe that it wasn't all an act." I say and he looks down.

"Well I guess you should know that our parents kind of think I'm going to ask you to be my girlfriend."